Console Applications ran from service have default icons???
Author Message
 Console Applications ran from service have default icons???

I have a service with .exe located in a folder X
This service uses console applications from the same directory (both by
CreateProcess and as being a COM client of them)
Yet, all the consoles it uses receive a default icon (dos like) instead of
theri originals.
Funny enough, each of them that is copyied also to Winnt\System32 folder
gets back its original icon.
Is there a way that the service will raise them with their original icon
without this trick?
If it involves changing the "LocalSystem" acount of the service, can I get
other acounts with their passwords?

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. trouble getting a console based application to run hidden within a win32 service

2. Having a problem in writing a service Application

3. how to use a console window in a win32 application..-- not console application

4. ATL Service as Console Application

5. Launching A Console Application As An NT Service

6. Application default icon

7. NT4.0 Service using console application

8. How to replace default application icon with my own

9. How to set default application icon?

10. How to change the default application icon

11. How Can: I run devenv.exe from a C# Console Application

12. Icon in a Win32 console application