Win NT vs. Win 95
Author Message
 Win NT vs. Win 95

 Anybody knows why???

I created a dialog application in VC++ 5.0 in Windows NT 4.0W.  I put a
number of Edit
controls in the dialog and using the Properties editor I set the alignment
of
each Edit control to Right.  When I run the application under Windows NT,
the
numbers in the Edit controls appear correctly in the right side of each
control.
When I run the same application under Windows 95, however, the numbers in
the
Edit controls appear in the left of each box and when I press tab to move
from
box to box, the numbers are not highlighted as they do under Windows NT.
Anybody has any idea why this is happening and if there is a simple solution
to this?

Thank you,

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win NT vs. Win 95

Quote:
>I put a number of Edit controls in the dialog and using the Properties
>editor I set the alignment of each Edit control to Right.
>When I run the same application under Windows 95, however, the numbers in
>the Edit controls appear in the left of each box and when I press tab to move
>from box to box, the numbers are not highlighted as they do under Windows NT.

Have a look at Knowledge Base article Q108940 "Text Alignment in
Single Line Edit Controls". It would appear not to work under 95 - "by
design" :(

Dave
----
Remove ".---" for the real address.

Thu, 04 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

2. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

3. Win NT vs Win 95/98

4. Win 95/95 to Win NT

5. Win NT to Win 95

6. Porting application from Win 95 to Win NT

7. Q: Differences WIN NT / WIN 95 in VC++ 5.0

8. Registry - Win 95/Win NT

9. Win NT to Win 95

10. Win NT 4.0 - Win 95 Registry Reading Problems

11. Win 95 -> Win NT

12. Dialog behaviour in Win 95 and Win NT