CFile::Write and backslash codes.
Author Message
 CFile::Write and backslash codes.

Hi all,

I am writing vc++ for windows CE and so I have to use
CFile::Write for my file I/O - I think.
But, I need to be able to use tabs and newlines -
possibly through the backslash codes \t and \n.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

John Ilett

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CFile::Write and backslash codes.

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I am writing vc++ for windows CE and so I have to use
> CFile::Write for my file I/O - I think.
> But, I need to be able to use tabs and newlines -
> possibly through the backslash codes \t and \n.
> Any ideas?

There is no interaction between the backslash
escape conventions for character sequence
literals and any API or class.  The meaning of
those escapes is a fundamental property of
the C and C++ languages.  So I suggest you
reflect upon that fact (and study up on it, if
necessary) so that you can determine what
problem you are actually concerned about,
if any.  I suspect your concern will vanish once
you understand this.

Larry Brasfield
Above opinions may be mine alone.

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CFile::Write and backslash codes.

2. Are CFile::Read() and CFile::Write() Really Unbuffered?

3. write to file with CFile::Write() failed

4. CFile::Write for formated strings.

5. Odd output with Cfile.Write of a CString.

6. CFile.Write

7. Odd output with Cfile.Write of a CString.

8. Q : (VC6) CFile::Write is printing rubbish

9. CFile vs CStdioFile problem writh reading / writing text

10. Can CFile write files larger than 4 Gig?

11. How do I cast an int to a byte array for CFile::Write

12. CFile::Write