Setting up the latest platform SDK with MSVC 4.2
Author Message
 Setting up the latest platform SDK with MSVC 4.2

Hello.

Please tell me how can I set up the latest platform SDK with the MSVC 4.2
compiler.  Are there any caveats?  What files should/shouldn't be replaced?

Thanxalot in advance!

Have fun,
Alex.

--

My email address is intentionally mangled to foil spambots.
Please remove the "---filter---" from the address for replying.

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting up the latest platform SDK with MSVC 4.2
Alex,

 > Please tell me how can I set up the latest platform SDK with the MSVC 4.2
 > compiler.

4.2 is somewhat out of date, but you probably know that.

As a general rule, you may either install the SDK into the VC base
directory, overwriting whatever is there; or you (like me) install to a
separate tree and take care to list the SDK's binaries, includes, and
libs _before_ those of VC++ (env vars: PATH, INCLUDE, LIB; in the IDE,
it's in Tools | Options, on the Directories tab).

--

Cheers,

Felix.

If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

No anti-spam address here. Just one comment: IN YOUR FACE!

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting up the latest platform SDK with MSVC 4.2

Quote:
} Alex,
}
}  > Please tell me how can I set up the latest platform SDK with the MSVC 4.2
}  > compiler.
}
} 4.2 is somewhat out of date, but you probably know that.
}
} As a general rule, you may either install the SDK into the VC base
} directory, overwriting whatever is there; or you (like me) install to a
} separate tree and take care to list the SDK's binaries, includes, and
} libs _before_ those of VC++ (env vars: PATH, INCLUDE, LIB; in the IDE,
} it's in Tools | Options, on the Directories tab).

Can I install only the include and LIB files or do I have to use the binaries
too?

Have fun,
Alex.

--

My email address is intentionally mangled to foil spambots.
Please remove the "---filter---" from the address for replying.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting up the latest platform SDK with MSVC 4.2

Quote:
>Alex,

> > Please tell me how can I set up the latest platform SDK with the MSVC 4.2
> > compiler.

>4.2 is somewhat out of date, but you probably know that.

>As a general rule, you may either install the SDK into the VC base
>directory, overwriting whatever is there....

Does that mean it's OK and will work with 4.2?  Is there some reason why I
shouldn't overwrite the existing files?

Scott Amspoker          |

http://www.rt66.com/sda |

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting up the latest platform SDK with MSVC 4.2
Scott,

 > Does that mean it's OK and will work with 4.2?

No, sorry. I keep up to date with SDKs and VC versions, so I really
wouldn't know. One caveat is that there is a new, smaller, .lib format
for VC6 -- if you have an older VC, you'll need to have an included
utility grovel over the lib directory, to uncompress the files.

 > Is there some reason why I shouldn't overwrite the existing files?

Makes it easier to separately update stuff, if you use different trees
for the VC and SDK install. It's just a matter of preference, though.

--

Cheers,

Felix.

If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

No anti-spam address here. Just one comment: IN YOUR FACE!

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting up the latest platform SDK with MSVC 4.2
Alex,

 > Can I install only the include and LIB files or do I have to use the binaries
 > too?

The SDK comes with a few useful binaries, but all you really need is
part of VC++. (Note, however, that the non-SP linker in VC6 was buggy;
in that case, use the SDK linker.)

--

Cheers,

Felix.

If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

No anti-spam address here. Just one comment: IN YOUR FACE!

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DAO SDK 3.5 with MSVC 4.2

2. Latest Platform SDK

3. latest Platform SDK

4. Platform SDK and .net Framework SDK

5. Mixing and Matching Platform SDK with VC++ SDK

6. Can I install platform SDK over VC6 SDK?

7. MSVC 4.2 Problems (MFC/non MFC)

8. Changes between MSVC 4.2 and 5.0

9. using breakpoints MSVC 4.2

10. problem with alignment of struct member datas (MSVC 4.2)

11. new problem with msvc 4.2 and odbc recordset

12. SetFieldNull in CRecordset (MSVC 4.2)