Application hangs windows NT User interface
Author Message
 Application hangs windows NT User interface

Hi,

We have an aplication with diferent threads, one of these
manage the GUI, other manage a socket TCP/IP connection,
and the third controls an RS-232 communication. the
application works  during 4-5 days but past this time the
application hangs windows NT User interface.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jos Lus Miguns

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:19:56 GMT
 Application hangs windows NT User interface

Quote:
> Hi,

> We have an aplication with diferent threads, one of these
> manage the GUI, other manage a socket TCP/IP connection,
> and the third controls an RS-232 communication. the
> application works  during 4-5 days but past this time the
> application hangs windows NT User interface.

> Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check for a memory leak by monitoring it by bringing up
Task Manager --> Performance.  Or maybe some other
resource is getting used up.  How much are you checking
for errors in your code?  Your code sounds like it's loo big
to post here, so you might get busy with a de{*filter*}.

-- Bob Day

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:58:52 GMT
 Application hangs windows NT User interface

Hi bob,

Thanks for your fast answer, I check our code for memory
leaks and we have not this problem. I find a problem in
Windows NT 4.0 (Article ID Q177684)

Anyone knows more problems like this?

Thanks in advance

Jos Lus Miguns

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:15:04 GMT
 Application hangs windows NT User interface
Have you read this article beyond the title? If it applies, there is a
serious bug in your code.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Hi bob,

Thanks for your fast answer, I check our code for memory
leaks and we have not this problem. I find a problem in
Windows NT 4.0 (Article ID Q177684)

Anyone knows more problems like this?

Thanks in advance

Jos Lus Miguns

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:06:29 GMT

1. Application hangs windows NT User interface.

2. Multithreading, User Interface Threads, SetWindowText/SendMessage, Thread Hangs

3. IBrowser Interface Application Hangs

4. Application w/o an user interface/polling in MFC

5. CFileDialog causes application in Windows 95 to hang

6. Moving a docked window from bottom to right using Magic User Interface Library

7. Best Free Text-Window User interface?

8. Creating a window in user-interface thread

9. Windows NT Server 4.0... User Manager Question

10. Creating User Account in Windows NT/2000

11. New Jersey Windows NT Users' Group

12. Display Dialog when no users logged on Windows NT