Long delays loading files
Author Message
 Long delays loading files

I am running MSVC 6.0 on Win2K.  When I double click a file in file view
or do File/Open on a source file or set or clear a breakpoint, I get a
long delay (as much as a minute).  This happens with or without SP3 and
with or without PVCS SCC Interface installed.

Has anyone seen this or can you suggest a workaround?

Thanks,
Mark Gilbert

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Long delays loading files

Quote:

>I am running MSVC 6.0 on Win2K.  When I double click a file in file view
>or do File/Open on a source file or set or clear a breakpoint, I get a
>long delay (as much as a minute).  This happens with or without SP3 and
>with or without PVCS SCC Interface installed.

>Has anyone seen this or can you suggest a workaround?

Do the suggestions in KB Q236399, "HOWTO: Troubleshoot Visual C++
Performance Problems" help any?
  http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q236/3/99.asp

--
 - Katy

Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
ORMEC Systems           Check out the VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
http://www.ormec.com    MVP/VC++  http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Long delays loading files
Katy, thanks for responding.  That document was helpful.  What fixed my
problem was to delete the .ncb  and .opt for the workspace and then
reload the workspace.

Mark Gilbert

Quote:

> >I am running MSVC 6.0 on Win2K.  When I double click a file in file
view
> >or do File/Open on a source file or set or clear a breakpoint, I get
> >long delay (as much as a minute).  This happens with or without SP3
and
> >with or without PVCS SCC Interface installed.

> >Has anyone seen this or can you suggest a workaround?

> Do the suggestions in KB Q236399, "HOWTO: Troubleshoot Visual C++
> Performance Problems" help any?
>   http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q236/3/99.asp

> --
>  - Katy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. reduce delay of delete... (deleting longer than loading)

2. char size (was long long long long long int)

3. Long Delay in CoUninitialize when using DCOM

4. Long delay when beggining debug

5. Long Delays In Function Execution...

6. Long delay when editing controls.

7. Long delay before frame window opens