ATL Samples
Author Message
 ATL Samples

At this page
http://www.*-*-*.com/
true

the sample is available for download.  I did that and unpacked the sample.
In the sample is a file rxReplacer.sln.  I was surprised to see this
expecting a dsw flie for the project.  Anyway the directions say, "Open the
solution file, rxReplacer.sln, in the Visual Studio development
environment."  I assumed that meant to double-click it.  Which I did.  The
result of that was, "The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio Solution
File."  Is there something I am leaving out to build this sample? Please if
you must chastize me for asking the question move on.

--
George Hester
______________________________

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:19:17 GMT
 ATL Samples

Quote:

> At this page
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcsample/html/vcsamRegExp.asp...
> true

> the sample is available for download.  I did that and unpacked the sample.
> In the sample is a file rxReplacer.sln.  I was surprised to see this
> expecting a dsw flie for the project.  Anyway the directions say, "Open the
> solution file, rxReplacer.sln, in the Visual Studio development
> environment."  I assumed that meant to double-click it.  Which I did.  The
> result of that was, "The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio Solution
> File."  Is there something I am leaving out to build this sample? Please if
> you must chastize me for asking the question move on.

It appears to be a Visual Studio .NET sample.

--
Jeff Partch [MVP]

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:11:31 GMT
 ATL Samples
I see.  I thought of that.  I wonder why it says it is for VC++ then?

"Visual C++ ATL Server Samples

RegExp Sample: Demonstrates ATL Regular Expression Classes"

Visual.NET is C#?

--
George Hester
______________________________

Quote:
> > At this page

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcsample/html/vcsamRegExp.asp...
Quote:
> > true

> > the sample is available for download.  I did that and unpacked the
sample.
> > In the sample is a file rxReplacer.sln.  I was surprised to see this
> > expecting a dsw flie for the project.  Anyway the directions say, "Open
the
> > solution file, rxReplacer.sln, in the Visual Studio development
> > environment."  I assumed that meant to double-click it.  Which I did.
The
> > result of that was, "The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio
Solution
> > File."  Is there something I am leaving out to build this sample? Please
if
> > you must chastize me for asking the question move on.

> It appears to be a Visual Studio .NET sample.

> --
> Jeff Partch [MVP]

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:04:37 GMT
 ATL Samples

Quote:

> I see.  I thought of that.  I wonder why it says it is for VC++ then?

> "Visual C++ ATL Server Samples

> RegExp Sample: Demonstrates ATL Regular Expression Classes"

> Visual.NET is C#?

> --
> George Hester

VS.NET includes VC++ as well. FWIW, it loads and compiles just fine in VS.NET -- although it
requires IIS to be installed.

--
Jeff Partch [MVP]

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:54:30 GMT
 ATL Samples

Quote:

> I see.  I thought of that.  I wonder why it says it is for VC++ then?

> "Visual C++ ATL Server Samples

> RegExp Sample: Demonstrates ATL Regular Expression Classes"

> Visual.NET is C#?

C# got a lot of the press, but VS .net includes VC7, which has a number
of improvements over VC6.

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:36:46 GMT
 ATL Samples
OK.  Now I know.  My question then becomes if I install VS.NET alongside of
Visual Strudio 6 as the literature says can be done, when I double click a
sln file is VS.NET going to open instead of VJ++\VI as happens now?  Namely
will VJ ++\VI 6 projects open with Visual.NET?

--
George Hester
______________________________

Quote:

> > I see.  I thought of that.  I wonder why it says it is for VC++ then?

> > "Visual C++ ATL Server Samples

> > RegExp Sample: Demonstrates ATL Regular Expression Classes"

> > Visual.NET is C#?

> C# got a lot of the press, but VS .net includes VC7, which has a number
> of improvements over VC6.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:45:03 GMT

1. Windowless ATL sample

2. ATL Samples

3. circcoll ATL sample in ASP

4. SUBEDIT ATL Sample and CTRL-C and CTRL-V

5. About VC6 ATL Sample CONNECT

6. Fee MFC-ATL samples

7. ATL and OLEDB Samples for SQL Server

8. Visual C++ Samples: ATL Server

9. Looking for some good articles, samples, tutorials on ATL

10. VC++ .NET ATL 7.0 Ole DB Provider Sample Problem

11. Sample owner-draw radio button with ATL

12. ATL Server sample crashes!!!