LNK1179 invalid or corrupt comdat HELP !!!
Author Message
 LNK1179 invalid or corrupt comdat HELP !!!

Did anybody experience this ?
I have no clue where is this comming from. my program is fairly simple....

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LNK1179 invalid or corrupt comdat HELP !!!
Did you look at the online help for the error (lnk1179)?  The description in
there gives a fairly detailed explanation of a common cause (but not the
only one I'm sure).  This could also happen if your program is making use of
fairly complex templates (I would imagine)

--
Visit: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jjmarshall/

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LNK1179 invalid or corrupt comdat HELP !!!
Linker Tools Error LNK1179
invalid or corrupt file: duplicate comdat comdat

An object module contained two or more COMDATs with the same name.

One possible cause is if you use the /H option with /Gy. The /H option limits the length of external names, and the /Gy option packages functions in COMDATs.

For example, if you compile the following with /Gy and /H8, you will get error LNK1179 since the object module will contain two COMDATs of the same name (function1 and function2 are unique at nine characters):

void function1(void);
void function2(void);

void main(void) {
    function1();
    function2();

Quote:
}

void function1(void) {}
void function2(void) {}

ChainsaW

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file

2. LNK1179 : duplicate COMDAT

3. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

4. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

5. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

6. mapi.lib: LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file

7. Linker error : invalid or corrupt file

8. Link Error : invalid or corrupt file : Why ?

9. invalid or corrupt file

10. ctl3dv2.lib invalid or corrupt file

11. fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file

12. ERROR: duplicate comdat HELP!!!