Resources and resource symbols
Author Message
 Resources and resource symbols

Hi.

I have a fairly large project with lots of dialogs, icons, strings etc.
Is there a guideline on how to manage these resources in VC 5.0. The
project was written with Borland C++. Some of the resources have been
identified as e.g.:

#define IDBASE 3300
#define BMP_RESOURCE  IDBASE+1

In BC++ this would compile OK, but in VC I'm unable to load the resource
as it is declared as "IDBASE+1" but not "3301", that is the, symbols aren't
calculated. Is there an easy way to convert the identifiers so that I will
be able to load them in VC.

Thanks, Asgeir.

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Resources and resource symbols

Quote:

>Have you tried

>#include "resource.h"

>at the beginning of your .cpp files?

I do not have a "resource.h" file. The problem doesn't seem to be with the
.cpp files but with the resource compiler.

Thanks, Asgeir.

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Resources and resource symbols

2. How to find out amount of free resources (gdi resources, handles, system resources)

3. MSDEV (4.2) ate my resource symbols :-(

4. Resource Symbols and thread messages?

5. resource symbol values

6. Duplicate Resource Symbols

7. duplicate resource symbols in vc5

8. Use of Resource file versus embedding a resource

9. Still a problem with resource .rc files resource identifier

10. Manual mod of string resource ids causes failed resource load

11. Problem inlcuding a multi language resource in another resource

12. Borland style resource to VC++ resource converter