win API: NT/Win95 printer compatibilty problems
Author Message
 win API: NT/Win95 printer compatibilty problems

Target:                 Win95/NT
Environment:    Win API

I wrote a small program that reads a binary file, displays the data on
the screen, and prints it.

The program runs correctly under Windows 95. Under Nt 4, the program
does not always print what is on the screen correctly. Certain
elements are missing.

Debugging my source reveals that my fread statements are sometimes
failing for no reason.

My approach to printing:

Initialize a PRINTDLG structure and a DOCINFO structure.
Call StarDoc(), Call StartPage(), Read my data file into the device
context for the printer (perform drawing into the dc returned by
PrintDlg() ). Then call EndPage() and EndDoc().

Is this the proper approach to use?

Please echo your replies to my e-mail address.

Thanks,

Angelo

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems When Running Win95 Application on Win NT

2. How to Get Printer/Job Status by Win API

3. How to Get Printer/Job Status by Win API

4. Differences in Win32 API under Win95 & NT

5. Pbm. porting from Win95 to Win NT

6. Win95 and Win NT

7. Differences between printing from Win95 and Win NT 4.0

8. NetShareAdd and Win95 vs Win NT

9. Problem: Developing on Win 98 and running on Win NT

10. Problem: Develop on Win 98 and run on Win NT

11. Problem: Developing on Win 98 and running on Win NT

12. Setting default printer in Win NT, and 2000