ldllcew.lib - converting VC1.52 to VC5
Author Message
 ldllcew.lib - converting VC1.52 to VC5

Hi

can anyone tell me the equivalent library file to ldllcew.lib in VC5. I have
just taken over some DLL's & I have not really touched C++ or VC++ at all. I
have got it to compile however I am having problems with this library what
it tries to link. It's not shipped with VC5 & the VC1.52 does not work.

Cheers

Ken

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ldllcew.lib - converting VC1.52 to VC5

Quote:
>can anyone tell me the equivalent library file to ldllcew.lib in VC5. I
have
>just taken over some DLL's & I have not really touched C++ or VC++ at all

It's the runtime C runtime library. (In more detail

    L = large model
    DLL = library for DLL (SS!=DS)
    C = C runtime
    E = emulates coprocessor
    W= targets Windows)

In Win32 you don't worry about memory models or coprocessor emulation
because the o/s is different. You do need to decide whether you want to link
against a single or multi-threaded runtime and whether the runtime is a
static library or a DLL.

You have two options. Read the knowledge base article Q154753 entitled
"INFO: What Are the C/C++ Libraries My Program Would Link With?" or use the
IDE to point and click at the various build options and let it make the
determination. In case you don't know, you will find the kb on the MSDN-CD
or at http://www.microsoft.com/kb

Regards,
Will

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. can vc5 typelibs be used in vc1.52?

2. HELP! Whats wrong with this code?VC1.52

3. Help - How to access MS-ACCess from VC1.52

4. Problem with vc1.52, dos window in win95 and graphics program

5. Help porting VC1.52 DLL to VC2.2 DLL

6. VC1.52 and Win95

7. VC1.52 Setup Install Program

8. Tabbing using VC1.52