how know when finish an application?
Author Message
 how know when finish an application?

Hi !

I using VC++ 4.2 under Win 95

    In my application I using the ShellExecute function to start an
"external" application. How can I decide, when finished the started
application? The application runing without any window. Is very
important for me to know, because in the next step I have to use the
result of the started application. But if the application still runing I
havn't the result. So can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
Ilyes Albert

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how know when finish an application?

you could try

#include <process.h>

status = _spawnl( _P_WAIT, "sample.exe","sample.exe", "parm1 parm2 parm3",
NULL);

this will wait until the process finishes under WIN95.
but it may not work under nt4.

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Knowing when a thread finished working

2. Knowing when threads have finished without locking the main thread

3. Knowing when a process has finished

4. How to know when IE is finished printing

5. How to know that WebBrowser has finished printing?

6. How to know when a print job finish?

7. Memory problem finishing my Application...

8. How to tell if an application is finished

9. how can I decide when finish an application started with ShellExecute

10. Memory problem when I finish my Application...

11. How can i know when Dos application finish to Run ???

12. General:How can I know what the additional DLLs should I destribute with my ATL application