creating program icons (like setup program)
Author Message
 creating program icons (like setup program)

hi, im writing a setup program, i'vegot everything else settled, but i
cant seem to make program icons (in the Start->Programs section). I
looked in the help section, and i found a function called CreateLink,
i copied it and when i compiled it had some errors, but i managed to
fix most of them.

but when it links, it says "unresolved external symbol
_IID_IPersistFile". i cant seem to fix this problem.

if anyone knows any other way to create program icons, please let me
know as soon as possible...

Thanks,
Shezan.

PS: Please send a copy of your reply to my email address as well, that
would be so much help.. thanks.

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 creating program icons (like setup program)

writes:

Quote:

>but when it links, it says "unresolved external symbol
>_IID_IPersistFile". i cant seem to fix this problem.

>if anyone knows any other way to create program icons, please let me
>know as soon as possible...

The other way of doing it is with DDE. The same protocol works with all
versions of Windows, 16 and 32 bit. Look for "Shell dynamic data exchange
interface" in the help files.

Roger Abbott,
RHA (Minisystems) Ltd.
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/rhaminisys
Windows shareware, DDE tools, Algol60

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. creating program icons (like setup program)

2. Setup project: create programs menu shortcut?

3. .inf files and dsklayt program and makink small setup programs

4. Trouble creating install/setup program

5. Create Setup Program

6. How do you create a setup program that installs MFC and MSXML

7. How to create setup program for mfc applications

8. HELP: Identifying DLLs used by a program to include in a Setup.Exe program

9. creating setup program

10. Bind my setup program with IE-setup

11. create program group and icon

12. Creating Program Icons