DBWin32 OutputDebugString & TRACE capture and display utility now free.
Author Message
 DBWin32 OutputDebugString & TRACE capture and display utility now free.

DBWin32 OutputDebugString & TRACE capture and display utility now
free.

An updated version no longer requires registration for non-commercial
use.

DBWIN32 is a debug message catching utility for the Window's operating
systems.  Similar to the 16 bit DBWIN utility it can capture output
generated by Win '95/'98 and NT programs using the OutputDebugString()
function (TRACE under MFC).  In addition, output captured by DBWin32
running on one PC can be viewed remotely via a TCP/IP connection using
another copy of DBWin32.  In addition to being very useful for program
development it also provides a simple way to look inside production
systems assuming those programs use OutputDebugString to output
important events.

Read more and download from:

http:\schenck.150m.com\dbwinv2.htm

PS, I've found this very useful for TAPI debugging both of TSPs and
applications.

Regards,
--
Grant Schenck
Grant Schenck Software

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:14:25 GMT
 DBWin32 OutputDebugString & TRACE capture and display utility now free.

Quote:
>DBWin32 OutputDebugString & TRACE capture and display utility now
>free.

>An updated version no longer requires registration for non-commercial
>use.

>DBWIN32 is a debug message catching utility for the Window's operating
>systems.  Similar to the 16 bit DBWIN utility it can capture output
>generated by Win '95/'98 and NT programs using the OutputDebugString()
>function (TRACE under MFC).  In addition, output captured by DBWin32
>running on one PC can be viewed remotely via a TCP/IP connection using
>another copy of DBWin32.  In addition to being very useful for program
>development it also provides a simple way to look inside production
>systems assuming those programs use OutputDebugString to output
>important events.

>Read more and download from:

>http:\schenck.150m.com\dbwinv2.htm

>PS, I've found this very useful for TAPI debugging both of TSPs and
>applications.

>Regards,

actually i have been using www.sysinternals.com dbview for years

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:05:24 GMT

1. DBWin32 OutputDebugString & TRACE capture and display utility now free.

2. DBWin32 OutputDebugString & TRACE capture and display utility now free.

3. DBWin32 V2.2 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

4. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

5. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

6. DBWin32 captures OutputDebugString on Win '95/'98/NT.

7. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

8. Deadlocks caused by OutputDebugString / TRACE near thread exit

9. OutputDebugString vs TRACE??

10. How to Capture OutputDebugString's string?

11. Is there a utility to view output of OutputDebugString/TRACE w/o loading the debugger?

12. Header file trace utility