preventing the logo and command line from being printed during command line build
Author Message
 preventing the logo and command line from being printed during command line build

Hi,
  I often run the compiler from the command line (the cl command) as part of
an automated build system. Sometimes, right after the command line is run,
the compiler will print out its logo and then print out the command line
(the complete list of switches), even though the "/nologo" option is
included on the command line.
  Looking in the documentation I've not been able to find out what causes
this. Any ideas? It makes our log files a mess: we have over a 1/2 page of
options so things get cluttered up fast.
  Thanks in advance.

  Also, Just before it compiles each file the compiler prints out the
filename it is compiling. Is there any way to turn that off? In other words,
if there are no errors in the source file, I would like the cl command to
print _nothing_. This would be a much better match with our UNIX build
system (and the automatic error detection system). Is it possible? Easy? Or
do I have to pipe the output through some filter to kill that filename off?

    Cheers,
        Gordon.

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to execute a DOS Command (command line)

2. Replacing resources of an EXE file using command line commands

3. Command line parameters with line feeds???

4. Unix command to insert source line print into executable

5. Newbie question about printing from command line

6. Printing multiple views from command line

7. Printing multiple views from command line

8. customizing print properties dialog box when print command or setup command is invoked

9. Command line error D2016 : '/ZI' and '/clr' command-line options are incompatible

10. Command line error D2016 : '/ZI' and '/O2' command-line options are incompatible

11. Can you get a Window(ed) app to accept command line arguements like a command line C program

12. newbie: Command Line