Retrieving a string value from the registry.
Author Message
 Retrieving a string value from the registry.

First, I want to thank Vladimir for all his help with registry manipulation,
however, I'm still unable to read back the string values that I store in the
registry. I've tried using RegQueryValue and RegQueryValueEx, but both fail.
Could someone send me the code required to get a _string_ value from the
registry? (I've got the RegOpenKey function working, all I need is the
RegQueryValue or RegQueryValueEx function and how I should declare my
variables.)

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Retrieving a string value from the registry.
Hi,

If you go to
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sam_blackburn/wfc.htm
you can download a class called CRegistry (from the left frame) which
wraps the APIs and seems to do everything you'd need

    Vin

Quote:
> First, I want to thank Vladimir for all his help with registry manipulation,
> however, I'm still unable to read back the string values that I store in the
> registry. I've tried using RegQueryValue and RegQueryValueEx, but both fail.
> Could someone send me the code required to get a _string_ value from the
> registry? (I've got the RegOpenKey function working, all I need is the
> RegQueryValue or RegQueryValueEx function and how I should declare my
> variables.)

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Retrieving a string value from the registry.
check out the wrox site for CRegistry under the code example for the
book called Beginning NT programming.

The code is free for a quick fix...  Or buy the book.  It will help you
with all you introductory questions about NT programming.  Anyway it is
the same thing that you find at

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sam_blackburn/wfc.htm  (for
40.00 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Example...
if( RegQueryValueEx(hKey, szSubKey, NULL, NULL, reinterpret_cast<LPBYTE>
(pData), &dwSize) == ERROR_SUCCESS )

Quote:
> Hi,

> If you go to
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sam_blackburn/wfc.htm
> you can download a class called CRegistry (from the left frame) which
> wraps the APIs and seems to do everything you'd need

>     Vin

> > First, I want to thank Vladimir for all his help with registry
manipulation,
> > however, I'm still unable to read back the string values that I
store in the
> > registry. I've tried using RegQueryValue and RegQueryValueEx, but
both fail.
> > Could someone send me the code required to get a _string_ value
from the
> > registry? (I've got the RegOpenKey function working, all I need is
the
> > RegQueryValue or RegQueryValueEx function and how I should declare
my
> > variables.)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I retrieve a string value from the registry?

2. Retrieving registry values

3. Need desperate help on retrieving multiple registry values:

4. create value string in registry

5. Trying to change Wallpaper string value in registry key

6. Trying to change Wallpaper string value in registry keys

7. retrieving a data in the registry???

8. Store/Retrieve CLSID to/from registry

9. RPC-OLE UUID and retrieving its registry properties

10. scanf bug when retrieving a float value from a pointer to a float, in a structure

11. Retrieve CheckBox Value

12. How to retrieve numeric values for preprocessing directives