Insufficient Memory Problem solved...
Author Message
 Insufficient Memory Problem solved...

We have a VC++ application that brought the server to its
limits on memory usage and the connection would not
execute SQL statements and return a recordset to the
application.

The VC++ program is not using ADO or RDO or DAO, but is
using the ODBC SQL Server DLL.

We noticed that the connection in the SQL Server
Enterprise Manager - Current Activity / Process Info area
had the Memory Usage column constantly growing. We solved
this problem by releasing the recordset and connection
object in the VC++ program after every 2000 queries.

What can be done to release this memory? Can SQL Server be
configured differently? Does something need to be done
with ODS?

SQL Server 7 did not crash, but we would like to monitor
and prevent this from happening.

Thanks,
ThomasLL

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:07:44 GMT

1. insufficient memory/swap problem

2. insufficient memory or swap space error

3. VC++ 6.0 help files and insufficient memory

4. Insufficient memory available...

5. Insufficient Memory Error on Install

6. Handling "insufficient memory" errors

7. help for solving memory problem

8. Debugger memory-window crash solved

9. Debugger memory-window crash solved

10. insufficient memory ? - watcom compiling problem.

11. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service