Seeing pre=processor's work
Author Message
 Seeing pre=processor's work

    Hi,

I'm interested to see how my code will look like after
 the preprocessor makes a pass on it (especially
interested to see the expansion of Macros).

Any setting to enable that in VC ?

Thanks in advance

Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:55:52 GMT
 Seeing pre=processor's work

Quote:

>    Hi,

>I'm interested to see how my code will look like after
> the preprocessor makes a pass on it (especially
>interested to see the expansion of Macros).

>Any setting to enable that in VC ?

The compiler options are /E, /EP, and /P. For more information, you
can enter these into the MSDN index, or you can just run "cl /?" from
a console window and look under the "-PREPROCESSOR-" section in the
output.

--
Doug Harrison [VC++ MVP]
Eluent Software, LLC

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 08:23:07 GMT

1. Something I'd like to see in the C pre-processor

2. C++ pre-processor tool

3. C Pre-processor problem

4. Backslash-Newline with gcc pre-processor

5. C pre-processor to produce machine-specific assembler code

6. K & R exercises- pre-processor problem

7. Pre-Processor Tricks with Retained State

8. Pre-processor sizeof()s for compile-time optimization (was: TCL8 internal complaints)

9. exclude from pre-processor

10. What is a pre-processor "#ident"?

11. looking for C pre-processor

12. Stumped by Pre-processor problem