I was wondering if anyone could give me information on the Visual C++
functions that correspond to dlopen(), slsym(), dlerror(), dlclose()in
Unix (SunOS).

                -thanks
--
                        Justin Hensley

                        Undergraduate Research Assistant
                        Integration Engineering Laboratory
                        UC Davis, Dept. of Mech. Engineering

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

Justin,

 > I was wondering if anyone could give me information on the Visual C++
 > functions that correspond to dlopen(), slsym(), dlerror(), dlclose()in
 > Unix (SunOS).

dlopen(): LoadLibrary[Ex]()
dlsym(): GetProcAddress() (note: functions only)
dlerror(): not needed; GetProcAddress() only returns NULL on failure
dlclose(): FreeLibrary()

The _init() routine has a rather different counterpart in the function
tagged as the entry point. Normally, that would come from VC++, and
you would supply a DllMain() which gets called on: initial load, final
unload, thread creation, and thread destruction.

Cheers,
Felix.

--
If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dynamically load function in shared library(.so).

2. Slowdown when dynamically loading a shared lib

3. file sharing under DOS (share not necessarily loaded)

4. Dynamically Loaded types

5. dynamically load a class at runtime

6. dynamically load libraries (linux)

8. Call methods of dynamically loaded classes via interface?

9. Dynamically Loaded Code

10. How to get MSC Up on Dynamically Loaded DLL

11. Creating dynamically loading class in MFC Extension DLL