passing parameters to exe 
Author Message
 passing parameters to exe

Is it possible to pass parameters to a vc++ exe w/out
command line instructions? Is this possible w/ command
files? If so, do a read the command file to retrieve the
parameters? If the parameters can be retrieved, can they
be used as environment variables?

any help is appreciated.

jim



Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:05:57 GMT  
 passing parameters to exe

Quote:

>Is it possible to pass parameters to a vc++ exe w/out
>command line instructions? Is this possible w/ command
>files? If so, do a read the command file to retrieve the
>parameters? If the parameters can be retrieved, can they
>be used as environment variables?

>any help is appreciated.

>jim

you are talking about interprocess communication.
this can be done in various of ways.

you would probably find as much answers when searching
msdn



Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:34:15 GMT  
 passing parameters to exe
If this is IPC then you might want to look up using sockets or shared
memory.

MattC


Quote:
> Is it possible to pass parameters to a vc++ exe w/out
> command line instructions? Is this possible w/ command
> files? If so, do a read the command file to retrieve the
> parameters? If the parameters can be retrieved, can they
> be used as environment variables?

> any help is appreciated.

> jim



Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:10:00 GMT  
 passing parameters to exe
Hello Matt,

I was hoping that there was another way besides
interprocess communication to pass arguments to c++ exe.
I know there's ParseCommand API to sort out parameters
passed via command line, in dos, for example, but I was
looking in MSDN and I saw some info. on command files,
which seems (I'm not certain) similar to command line
functionality. If so, how can I set this up to do so?

jim

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>If this is IPC then you might want to look up using
sockets or shared
>memory.

>MattC



>> Is it possible to pass parameters to a vc++ exe w/out
>> command line instructions? Is this possible w/ command
>> files? If so, do a read the command file to retrieve the
>> parameters? If the parameters can be retrieved, can they
>> be used as environment variables?

>> any help is appreciated.

>> jim

>.



Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:41:41 GMT  
 passing parameters to exe
Quote:

>I was
>looking in MSDN and I saw some info. on command files,
>which seems (I'm not certain) similar to command line
>functionality. If so, how can I set this up to do so?

ISTR that 'command files' are just batch files.
What are you trying to achieve?

Andy



Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:14:01 GMT  
 passing parameters to exe
Hello Andy,

I would to pass parameters to a c++ exe and then assign
the values of the parameters to variables (environment
variables, possibly).

I understand Winsock may be one method, but I was hoping
to find an alternative to IPC.

Any help is appreciated

jim

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----

>>I was
>>looking in MSDN and I saw some info. on command files,
>>which seems (I'm not certain) similar to command line
>>functionality. If so, how can I set this up to do so?

>ISTR that 'command files' are just batch files.
>What are you trying to achieve?

>Andy
>.



Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:18:18 GMT  
 passing parameters to exe

Quote:

>Hello Andy,

>I would to pass parameters to a c++ exe and then assign
>the values of the parameters to variables (environment
>variables, possibly).

>I understand Winsock may be one method, but I was hoping
>to find an alternative to IPC.

>Any help is appreciated

>jim

actually if you assign environment variables you can not reliably  use them for
IPC since they are local to the process. once the original process terminates
these env variables disappear.


Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:42:54 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. launch an.exe file by passing parameters.

2. get EXE parameter or signal from other program

3. How to retrieve parameter from exe?

4. get EXE parameter or signal from other program

5. win32-exe with parameter options?

6. Parameter to .EXE file

7. how to use CreateProcess to launch an exe with a command line parameter

8. calling C++ function from Fortran: parameter passing

9. what will be the parameter passing when i have a keyword in for signature

10. Pass Parameters to Currently Running App

11. Passing Array as parameter.

12. passing commandline parameters HELP???

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software