Free threaded vs. apartment threaded
Author Message
 Free threaded vs. apartment threaded

Hi!
Can anybody please explain the diffrences of the two themes in the
subject for me ? When can/should I use this or that and what are the
advantages/disadvantages.
Thanks a lot in advance

Ciao
Alexander Staff

P.S. If anybody could tell me where I can any docu about this, I 'd be
glad too.
--
/**********************************************************************/
/* All responsibility for the statements made in this posting resides */

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Free threaded vs. apartment threaded
Check out The MS KB Article "INFO: Descriptions and Workings of OLE
Threading Models":

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q150/7/77.asp?FR=0

There is also some documentation at MSDN Online in the Platform SDK:

http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/sdkdoc/com/aptnthrd_8po3.htm

If you're getting started with COM, the book "Inside COM" is a gentle
introduction.  It has a basic overview of the threading models, with
diagrams.  The diagrams help out a lot.

Thanks,
Andrew

Quote:
>Hi!
>Can anybody please explain the diffrences of the two themes in the
>subject for me ? When can/should I use this or that and what are the
>advantages/disadvantages.
>Thanks a lot in advance

>Ciao
>Alexander Staff

>P.S. If anybody could tell me where I can any docu about this, I 'd be
>glad too.
>--
>/**********************************************************************/
>/* All responsibility for the statements made in this posting resides */
>/* solely and completely with the ME. And no one else !               */
>/**********************************************************************/

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing from Apartment to Free Threaded

2. How do I create Apartment-threaded objects from a Both-threaded object

3. Free threaded outof proc server and Single threaded components

4. A doubt about Threads in Free Threaded components

5. Thread termination in free threaded DCOM server

6. worker thread vs main thread?

7. Single Thread VS. Multi Thread

8. Threaded -vs- Multi-threaded Question

9. Cooperative thread vs preemptive thread

10. main GUI thread -vs- Main Frame Thread

11. Foreground threads vs. Background threads

12. Displaying Apartment threaded Activex Control from a Free threaded MFC Client.