Screen Capture Program
Author Message
 Screen Capture Program

Hello everyone, I'm writing a screen capture program, I use API function:

::GetDIBits(hdc, hDesktopBitmap, 0, bih.biHeight, pbuf_1, (BITMAPINFO
*)(&bih), DIB_RGB_COLORS);

to retrieve the pixel data and save it to file, but this API function is too
slow since I need capture the screen one frame by one frame. My question is,
is there any other function or way should I use? Thanks.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:52:09 GMT
 Screen Capture Program
Are you sure it is this call that slows things down? I would expect it
to be insignificant compared to disk I/O.

In case you are capturing frames into memory and saving them to disk
later, I'd avoid GetDIBits and capture into device-dependent format
instead, to avoid format conversion. I would then convert to DIB at the
time I'm saving to disk.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello everyone, I'm writing a screen capture program, I use API
function:

> ::GetDIBits(hdc, hDesktopBitmap, 0, bih.biHeight, pbuf_1, (BITMAPINFO
> *)(&bih), DIB_RGB_COLORS);

> to retrieve the pixel data and save it to file, but this API function
is too
> slow since I need capture the screen one frame by one frame. My
question is,
> is there any other function or way should I use? Thanks.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:59:41 GMT

1. Sample Source of Screen Capture Program

2. How to Implement a screen capture within program?

3. How to capture screen through program?

4. Capturing a screen.

5. Screen Capture

6. HOW TO AVOID SCREEN CAPTURE?

7. how to: capture image of screen to memory

8. How to capture pics displayed on screen?

9. How to capture screen in Unix

10. screen capture

11. Quick way to perform screen region capture in C#

12. SCREEN CAPTURE