Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component 
Author Message
 Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component

Hi,

I want to make a ActiveX component (OCX) with Vislau C++. So I can use it in
other ActiveX ready languages.

Is there a sample project from where I can start?

--
Regards,

Patrick Mast
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:02:16 GMT  
 Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component
You can use MFC or ATL. Its better to study some examples in MSDN or
codeguru.com/codeproject.com before venturing into component creation. It
also means you should have good understanding of COM.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.


Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to make a ActiveX component (OCX) with Vislau C++. So I can use it
in
> other ActiveX ready languages.

> Is there a sample project from where I can start?

> --
> Regards,

> Patrick Mast
> http://www.Patrick.Be.kz
> http://www.FiveWin.Be.kz
> http://www.Harbour-Project.org



Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:55:28 GMT  
 Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component
Ajay,

Quote:
> You can use MFC or ATL. Its better to study some examples in MSDN or
> codeguru.com/codeproject.com before venturing into component creation. It
> also means you should have good understanding of COM.

Why and when should I use MFC and/or ATL?

--
Regards,

Patrick Mast
http://www.Patrick.Be.kz
http://www.FiveWin.Be.kz
http://www.Harbour-Project.org



Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:30:12 GMT  
 Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component
Lots of samples are available in MSDN. They can be found under MSDN
Library->Visual Studio 6.0 Documentation->Visual C++ Documentation->Samples.
If you want to use ATL to develop your ActiveX control, check samples under
"ATL Samples". If you want to use MFC, check samples under "MFC
Samples->ActiveX Control Samples".

Jiange Sun


Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to make a ActiveX component (OCX) with Vislau C++. So I can use it
in
> other ActiveX ready languages.

> Is there a sample project from where I can start?

> --
> Regards,

> Patrick Mast
> http://www.Patrick.Be.kz
> http://www.FiveWin.Be.kz
> http://www.Harbour-Project.org



Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:37:29 GMT  
 Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component
Good knowledge of COM like:

Dim qqq
Set qqq = CreateObject("Blah.blah")
blah, blah, blah...
:-)))


Quote:
> You can use MFC or ATL. Its better to study some examples in MSDN or
> codeguru.com/codeproject.com before venturing into component creation. It
> also means you should have good understanding of COM.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.



> > Hi,

> > I want to make a ActiveX component (OCX) with Vislau C++. So I can use
it
> in
> > other ActiveX ready languages.

> > Is there a sample project from where I can start?

> > --
> > Regards,

> > Patrick Mast
> > http://www.Patrick.Be.kz
> > http://www.FiveWin.Be.kz
> > http://www.Harbour-Project.org



Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:30:20 GMT  
 Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component
If I'm understand it right the difference between ATL and MFC is there:

ATL use some alredy created library (DLLs).
If you need some functions you just import some dll into your project. And
that functions not includeed into your project, there just referense. Of
course your consumer must have this DLLs

In MFC model there all similar like ATL. But MFC include all functions what
you needed. And because all functions include in project your code is bigger
then ATL project.

Probably i'm wrong, but C++ guru correct me.


Quote:
> Ajay,

> > You can use MFC or ATL. Its better to study some examples in MSDN or
> > codeguru.com/codeproject.com before venturing into component creation.
It
> > also means you should have good understanding of COM.

> Why and when should I use MFC and/or ATL?

> --
> Regards,

> Patrick Mast
> http://www.Patrick.Be.kz
> http://www.FiveWin.Be.kz
> http://www.Harbour-Project.org



Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:38:44 GMT  
 Newbie: How can I create a ActiveX component
Greets,

    Actually, ATL is a C++ template library used to create small,
lightweight components.  While smaller components can be built by using a
dependency to the ATL.DLL, it is not necessary to have this dependency at
all.  MFC, on the other hand, is a class library that provides a wrapper
over the Win32 API (and it is not just for component development) while also
providing utility classes as well.  Like ATL, MFC can be statically or
dynamically linked.  ATL is favored for small fast components, because its
various ATL object wizards will create objects that derive from the minimum
necessary interfaces required for a given object type.  (For example,
browser components, ASP components, Full Controls, etc.)  MFC (for component
development), however, adds a lot of code that may be overkill for specific
object types.

Regards,

Joe


Quote:
> If I'm understand it right the difference between ATL and MFC is there:

> ATL use some alredy created library (DLLs).
> If you need some functions you just import some dll into your project. And
> that functions not includeed into your project, there just referense. Of
> course your consumer must have this DLLs

> In MFC model there all similar like ATL. But MFC include all functions
what
> you needed. And because all functions include in project your code is
bigger
> then ATL project.

> Probably i'm wrong, but C++ guru correct me.



> > Ajay,

> > > You can use MFC or ATL. Its better to study some examples in MSDN or
> > > codeguru.com/codeproject.com before venturing into component creation.
> It
> > > also means you should have good understanding of COM.

> > Why and when should I use MFC and/or ATL?

> > --
> > Regards,

> > Patrick Mast
> > http://www.Patrick.Be.kz
> > http://www.FiveWin.Be.kz
> > http://www.Harbour-Project.org



Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:56:09 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Building an ActiveX Component inheriting another ActiveX Component

2. Newbie question on ActiveX creating ActiveX

3. How do I create the equivalent to an ActiveX.exe out of process component in C#

4. Creating Activex Components (Objects) in VC++

5. 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

6. ActiveX component can't create object

7. creating an mfc activex component

8. 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

9. Newbie?ActiveX Control in ActiveX Control

10. Create an ActiveX from inside another ActiveX

11. Creating ActiveX inside of another ActiveX

12. Creating ActiveX control with parent as another ActiveX

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software