Open handles for a process
Author Message
 Open handles for a process

Byron,

 > Does anyone know what Win 32 api function call to make to determine the
 > total number of open handles for an existing process?

Unless you want to go through all the shenanigans of reading the
performance data, you can always call NtQueryProcessInformation(). But
as this function is officially undocumented, I recommend that you use
the performance data.

Cheers,
Felix.

--
If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Open handles for a process

Hello Felix -

Can you give a short description of what you mean by performance data?

Thanks, Byron.

Quote:
> Unless you want to go through all the shenanigans of reading the
> performance data, you can always call NtQueryProcessInformation(). But
> as this function is officially undocumented, I recommend that you use
> the performance data.

> Cheers,
> Felix.

> --
> If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Open handles for a process

2. how get a process HANDLE from a thread HANDLE

3. Process id from process handle (how to get)?

4. How to obtain Process ID If I have process handle

5. Get a CWnd Handle from Process Handle

6. Process ID from Process Handle

7. Process ID from Process Handle

8. Window handle from process handle?

9. Getting process ID from process handle

10. How to get Process handle from Window handle (or vice versa)

11. Find out the name of a process (process.exe) from a window handle (CWnd)

12. how can i get the process handle