How to catch a SEH with C++ catch?
Author Message
 How to catch a SEH with C++ catch?

I want to catch a SEH exception EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT with a C++ catch handler.

Is this possible?

How?

I know you can do the following:

try
{

Quote:
}

catch(...)
{

Quote:
}

which will catch all exceptions, SEH and otherwise.

Also this works:

__try
{

Quote:
}

__except(GetExceptionCode() == EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT)
{

Quote:
}

but I want to do something like this:

try
{

Quote:
}

catch(/* catch EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT */)
{
Quote:
}

Wed, 28 May 2003 00:01:13 GMT
 How to catch a SEH with C++ catch?
See _set_se_translator
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

[...]

Wed, 28 May 2003 00:26:19 GMT
 How to catch a SEH with C++ catch?
In "Programming Applications for Windows", 4th edition,
by Jeffrey Richter.   Highly recommend this book.

Quote:
> See _set_se_translator
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

message

> I want to catch a SEH exception EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT with a C++ catch
> handler.

> Is this possible?

> How?

> I know you can do the following:

> try
> {
> }
> catch(...)
> {
> }

> which will catch all exceptions, SEH and otherwise.

> Also this works:

> __try
> {
> }
> __except(GetExceptionCode() == EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT)
> {
> }

> but I want to do something like this:

> try
> {
> }
> catch(/* catch EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT */)
> {
> }

Wed, 28 May 2003 02:03:24 GMT

1. Catching SEH and c++ exception

2. Catching Win32 exceptions with a C++ catch-block

3. SEH and try/catch: trylevel, scopetable, stack?

4. SEH and try/catch: trylevel, scopetable, stack?

5. Can you catch CDBExection with try-catch keyword?

6. Catch() not catching error during CDaoDatabase.Open()

7. catch (CBigBang *) vs catch (CBigBang &)

8. why {try catch} does not catch

9. Q: Why try catch cannot catch the exception

10. TRY-CATCH vs. try-catch

11. try/catch VS TRY/CATCH

12. I'm caught in a catch 22.CRecordset problem