Setting the Default Printer
Author Message
 Setting the Default Printer

We are developing a Windows 95 application which uses ActiveX controls.  If
we change the printer via  the Printer Setup Dialog, our internal
application recognizes the new printer.  However, the print routines of the
ActiveX controls ignore the application printer and use the system default
printer.

I believe my solution is to set the application's printer as the system
default printer.  My question is how would I do this?

Thanks, Joe

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting the Default Printer

Quote:
>We are developing a Windows 95 application which uses ActiveX controls.  If
>we change the printer via  the Printer Setup Dialog, our internal
>application recognizes the new printer.  However, the print routines of the
>ActiveX controls ignore the application printer and use the system default
>printer.

>I believe my solution is to set the application's printer as the system
>default printer.  My question is how would I do this?

Joe,

Your situation sounds a bit strange, but have a look at Knowledge Base
articles Q135387 "How to Get and Set the Default Printer in Windows",
and Q140560 "How to Set the Default Printer Programmatically in
Windows 95".

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems Setting the Default printer with Win32 API SDK

2. Help : How to set the default printer

3. Setting the default printer

4. Setting the Default Printer

5. How to set the default printer?

6. Setting New Default Printer for Application

7. Windows Default Printers and Default Printer Setups

8. How to set the default printer in Windows 98 by coding?

9. Set Default Printer

10. Set default printer

11. how to Set Default Printer

12. Q: How to set default printer bin?