SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)
Author Message
 SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

Thanks for the replies, but the code sample I'm really looking for is
a direct communication to a SMTP server (without using MAPI).

Thanks, RD

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

Quote:
> Thanks for the replies, but the code sample I'm really looking for is
> a direct communication to a SMTP server (without using MAPI).

I have that source code. Look at http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm
It's an SMTP component for Delphi and C++Builder. Full source code provided
as well as other components and sample applications. Freeware.

--

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

Robert,

SMTP itself is not a complicated protocol, if you check out the
RFC's at http://ds.internic.net, you'll get a better idea of how everything
fits together.

The complicated part of using SMTP is in the MX record resolution, which
requires a DNS lookup ability (gethostbyname() isn't good enough), and the
ability to encode your attachments using MIME or
UUencode.  I can't comment on your specific case, but you'll almost
certainly need these functions as well.

MX records are used to identify which machine (and backup machines) should
handle your email.  In our office for example, my email address is

to mail.dundas.com.

Without MX record resolution in your solution, you will likely experience
about 10%-30% in bouncebacks.

Our company, Dundas Software, makes a C++ toolkit that includes all the
necessary classes, and examples of how to use them.  The library, Ultimate
TCP/IP includes complete sourcecode as well, an added bonus that allows you
to debug and step through the code to understand what's going on in the
plumbing.

If your interested, I encourage you to check out our web site for docs and
demos (we have a DNS demo there that will illustrate the MX record issue
that I mentioned above).

HTH,

David
Dundas

Quote:

>Thanks for the replies, but the code sample I'm really looking for is
>a direct communication to a SMTP server (without using MAPI).

>Thanks, RD

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

2. Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server

3. Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server

4. Mail, SMTP and POP3 servers

5. Samples send mail by SMTP in MFC.

6. Samples send mail by SMTP in MFC.

7. Samples send mail by SMTP in MFC.

8. How to send email using smtp server.(Problem)

9. How to send email without smtp server.

10. Help with Sending E-mail with SMTP server

11. Send and receive e-mails using SMTP Server

12. smtp-mail and no check if them mail was realy send