How to work command line compiler -linker in VC++4.0
Author Message
 How to work command line compiler -linker in VC++4.0

Im trying to compile a simple program - just int main (void) and a
return statement. When I use the command line

CL empty.c

The program says: could not open libc.lib. I even a copy of libc.lib
in the same directory as the source file but to no avail.

So therefore the program will compile to an object file but the
linking fails . When I compile from within the main program it works
fine.

Does anyone have an Idea as to what might be causing this.

Thanks in advance
Regards,

Peter
just remove the x from my email address if you wish to
respond.

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to work command line compiler -linker in VC++4.0

Quote:
>Im trying to compile a simple program - just int main (void) and a
>return statement. When I use the command line  >CL empty.c
>The program says: could not open libc.lib. I even a copy of libc.lib

setvars.bat?

--
 cornel huth    mixers - all sb, wss, cs423x, opl3sax, at-3dxg, xg-dsp
 ~~~~~~~~~~~       *wave - direct-disk play/rec, cd/dae, mpeg audio

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Command-line compiler/linker for for C#

2. preventing the logo and command line from being printed during command line build

3. Linker command files from DevStudio don't work (maybe)

4. Commnad line compiler-linker in VC++ ver 4

5. Missing VC++.NET Compiler and Linker Options tab

6. Emulate VC 6.0 Compiler/Linker

7. Command line register work but not CoCreateInstance

8. Code works in dubugger but not from command line

9. MAPI class won't work for command line programs

10. Command line compiler

11. .net SDK command-line C++ compiler?

12. Command Line Compile, VC 7 ?