ExitInstance not called in debug mode
Author Message
 ExitInstance not called in debug mode

Hello,

I support a Windows application that was originally written in Visual C++
v1.52 but which I have recently converted to VC++ v6.00. In the 32 bit
version, ExitInstance doesn't appear to be being called when the project is
compiled in debug mode, either when running it in the de{*filter*} or when
running the executable. As far as I can make out from tracing, the WM_QUIT
message isn't being posted (the last message retrieved in the PumpMessage
loop seems to be WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN). Everything seems OK in the release
version, and also in both debug and release versions when compiled with VC++
v1.52. Has anyone any idea what could be causing this?

Configuration details:
Visual C++  Enterprise Edition v6.0 with SP3 applied.
Windows 95.

Thanks,
John Lyons

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ExitInstance never called in Debug builds

2. ExitInstance not called in a managed DLL!

3. ExitInstance not called

4. CWinApp::ExitInstance not called

5. Works in Debug mode but not in Release mode

6. Program not work at release mode but work at debug mode

7. Page fault when compile using Release mode but not Debug mode

8. CString::GetBuffer does not work in debug mode but in release mode

9. Code works in debug mode but not in release mode

10. ATL COM client program using DAO compiles and links OK in Debug BUT NOT Release mode

11. Works in debug mode but not in release

12. extended stored procedure working in debug mode but not in release