WinInet-FTP Command...
Author Message
 WinInet-FTP Command...

You probably need to download the latest Platform SDK to get newer header
files:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:

> Hi,

> When I tried to use the FtpCommand() function I got the following
> compilation error:
> "D:\Gopi\FTP\MyFTP\main.cpp(125) : error C2065: 'FtpCommand' : undeclared
> identifier"

> The development environment is as follows:
> OS: Win NT4, SP6
> Browser: IE5.0
> MSVC++ 6.0

> As per the documentation on FtpCommand() it should be supported on my PC
as
> I have got IE5.

> I have included the file "wininet.h", But I don't find FtpCommand() in
that
> file. Hence I get the error "Undeclared Identifier".
> I don't know how and where to get the wininet.h which supports the
> FtpCommand() function.

> Also if you know of any other ways to Append (a file or data) to an
already
> existing file at the remote end please let me know. Please don't tell me
> "download the file first using FtpGetFile, then append to the file locally
> and then finnaly upload it using FtpPutFile".

> Please help me out!
> Thanks in Advance,
> Best Regards,
> Gopi.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 05:17:48 GMT
 WinInet-FTP Command...
Thanks for your reply.
But I could not download it from that URL.

Regards
Gopi

Quote:
> You probably need to download the latest Platform SDK to get newer header
> files:

> http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.htm

> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> > Hi,

> > When I tried to use the FtpCommand() function I got the following
> > compilation error:
> > "D:\Gopi\FTP\MyFTP\main.cpp(125) : error C2065: 'FtpCommand' :
undeclared
> > identifier"

> > The development environment is as follows:
> > OS: Win NT4, SP6
> > Browser: IE5.0
> > MSVC++ 6.0

> > As per the documentation on FtpCommand() it should be supported on my PC
> as
> > I have got IE5.

> > I have included the file "wininet.h", But I don't find FtpCommand() in
> that
> > file. Hence I get the error "Undeclared Identifier".
> > I don't know how and where to get the wininet.h which supports the
> > FtpCommand() function.

> > Also if you know of any other ways to Append (a file or data) to an
> already
> > existing file at the remote end please let me know. Please don't tell me
> > "download the file first using FtpGetFile, then append to the file
locally
> > and then finnaly upload it using FtpPutFile".

> > Please help me out!
> > Thanks in Advance,
> > Best Regards,
> > Gopi.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:12:01 GMT
 WinInet-FTP Command...
Click on "Install from Web" on the left side and follow the instructions
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> But I could not download it from that URL.

> Regards
> Gopi

> > You probably need to download the latest Platform SDK to get newer
header
> > files:

> > http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.htm

> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > > Hi,

> > > When I tried to use the FtpCommand() function I got the following
> > > compilation error:
> > > "D:\Gopi\FTP\MyFTP\main.cpp(125) : error C2065: 'FtpCommand' :
> undeclared
> > > identifier"

> > > The development environment is as follows:
> > > OS: Win NT4, SP6
> > > Browser: IE5.0
> > > MSVC++ 6.0

> > > As per the documentation on FtpCommand() it should be supported on my
PC
> > as
> > > I have got IE5.

> > > I have included the file "wininet.h", But I don't find FtpCommand() in
> > that
> > > file. Hence I get the error "Undeclared Identifier".
> > > I don't know how and where to get the wininet.h which supports the
> > > FtpCommand() function.

> > > Also if you know of any other ways to Append (a file or data) to an
> > already
> > > existing file at the remote end please let me know. Please don't tell
me
> > > "download the file first using FtpGetFile, then append to the file
> locally
> > > and then finnaly upload it using FtpPutFile".

> > > Please help me out!
> > > Thanks in Advance,
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Gopi.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:25:11 GMT
 WinInet-FTP Command...

[...]

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:56:59 GMT
 WinInet-FTP Command...
Hmm. For some reason, IE cannot download from those FTP links. You will need
an FTP client - there are lots of free ones.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> Click on "Install from Web" on the left side and follow the instructions
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> > Thanks for your reply.
> > But I could not download it from that URL.

> > Regards
> > Gopi

> > > You probably need to download the latest Platform SDK to get newer
> header
> > > files:

> > > http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.htm

> > > --
> > > With best wishes,
> > >     Igor Tandetnik

> > undeclared

> PC
> > > as

in
> > > that

> > > already
> me
> > locally

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:30:55 GMT
 WinInet-FTP Command...
I have followed your suggestion and could download "psdk-x86.exe", but not
InstMsi.exe, which is the Windows
Installer.

When I run psdk-x86.exe, it prompts me to install the windows installer
first before attempting to install the platform sdk.

I don't know how to download the Windows Installer!

Thanks,
Gopi.

Quote:
> Hmm. For some reason, IE cannot download from those FTP links. You will
need
> an FTP client - there are lots of free ones.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> > Click on "Install from Web" on the left side and follow the instructions
> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > > Thanks for your reply.
> > > But I could not download it from that URL.

> > > Regards
> > > Gopi

> > header

> > > undeclared

> my
> > PC

FtpCommand()
> in

> tell
> > me
> > > locally

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:58:58 GMT
 WinInet-FTP Command...
Dear All,
I was able to install the Platform SDK(november 2000) using the CD.
After that I am able to use the FtpCommand() in my code.

But I have some other problem:

Using the FTP client on my PC I can do something like

"append d:\gopi\ftp\hello.txt  remotefile.txt".
In other words I can append one local file to the other on the remote side.

I want to do the same using the WinInet, but looks like I can't do it using
the WinInet API.
What all I can do is the following:

append "some text to be appended" "remotefile.txt"
In other words I can only append some text to the file on the other end.

I am just wondering if it is possible to append one file to the other using
the FtpCommand() of the WinInet API.

Best Regards,
Gopi Krishna.

Quote:

> Hi,

> When I tried to use the FtpCommand() function I got the following
> compilation error:
> "D:\Gopi\FTP\MyFTP\main.cpp(125) : error C2065: 'FtpCommand' : undeclared
> identifier"

> The development environment is as follows:
> OS: Win NT4, SP6
> Browser: IE5.0
> MSVC++ 6.0

> As per the documentation on FtpCommand() it should be supported on my PC
as
> I have got IE5.

> I have included the file "wininet.h", But I don't find FtpCommand() in
that
> file. Hence I get the error "Undeclared Identifier".
> I don't know how and where to get the wininet.h which supports the
> FtpCommand() function.

> Also if you know of any other ways to Append (a file or data) to an
already
> existing file at the remote end please let me know. Please don't tell me
> "download the file first using FtpGetFile, then append to the file locally
> and then finnaly upload it using FtpPutFile".

> Please help me out!
> Thanks in Advance,
> Best Regards,
> Gopi.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:00:34 GMT

1. WinInet-FTP Command...

2. FTP - wininet - UNIX - file date/time

3. Question about COM, WinInet and FTP

4. hostname not resolved using ftp and wininet.dll

5. Wininet/FTP Problems

6. FTP and sockets (not using WinInet)?

7. WinInet and FTP

8. Help: Using Wininet with an FTP Proxy that requires Authentication

9. wininet, FTP, SSL questions

10. FTP and sockets (not using WinInet)?

11. WinInet API/MFC FTP via Proxy Server (Help!)

12. Wininet/FTP Problems