PROBLEM WITH VC++ AND ACCESS -- URGENT, PLEASE HELP
Author Message
 PROBLEM WITH VC++ AND ACCESS -- URGENT, PLEASE HELP

Hi Friends,
    I am using VC++5 and access database. I have created a table in access with
a field named birthdate with Date/Time data type. I am using that databse in my
Vc++ program. My VC++ program runs fine. Their is already some data in the
database. Now, when i run my VC++ program it doesn't show birthdate. It shows
all other fields except birthdate. I tried changing birthdate data type from
Date/Time to Text in the database and again raun my VC++ program. But now it
doesn't dispaly any records and gives an error message " BirthDate not of
Date/Time Format". I don't understand what the problem. Should i change the
datatype of birthdate in my databse and then add records and work on it OR Is
their anyway i can change the birthdate's format in my VC++ program and then
dispaly the records ?  If i should go for the secind option, then how do i do
that.
        I would be very glad if you can help me out. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

TERRY

Thu, 18 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 PROBLEM WITH VC++ AND ACCESS -- URGENT, PLEASE HELP
Hi Terry,

Access stores Date/Time as a 8 byte long the equivalent type in MFC is
COleDateTime.
And classwizard don't bind to COleDateTime (just check out this).
That why u were not geting Date.

After u have converted into Text, once again u have to bind Colums,  i
suppose
u haven't done that again. U can easily bind Columns thru ClassWizard
BindColumn option.

Still if u face any problem let  me know.

Rashmin

Quote:

> Hi Friends,
>     I am using VC++5 and access database. I have created a table in
access with
> a field named birthdate with Date/Time data type. I am using that databse
in my
> Vc++ program. My VC++ program runs fine. Their is already some data in
the
> database. Now, when i run my VC++ program it doesn't show birthdate. It
shows
> all other fields except birthdate

. I tried changing birthdate data type from
Quote:
> Date/Time to Text in the database and again raun my VC++ program. But now
it
> doesn't dispaly any records and gives an error message " BirthDate not of
> Date/Time Format". I don't understand what the problem. Should i change
the
> datatype of birthdate in my databse and then add records and work on it
OR Is
> their anyway i can change the birthdate's format in my VC++ program and
then
> dispaly the records ?  If i should go for the secind option, then how do
i do
> that.
>         I would be very glad if you can help me out. Any help is
appreciated.

> Thanks

> TERRY

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT - PLEASE HELP - Accessing Internet with VC++

2. SOS...SOS...SOS...URGENT HELP about VC++ build ASP componts,Please

3. Urgent help please - Cannot register VC++ Dll

4. URGENT URGENT PLEASE HELP ME ActiveX multiples classes

5. Please help me solve this problem....urgent

6. Please help:Problem with interoperability-Urgent

7. Hi. I have an urgent problem, please help....

8. Please Help - Urgent - HTML Control problem.

9. Urgent please help LPSTR Array function passing problem

10. URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!

11. URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!

12. URGENT: SendMessage problem, please help.