VC++, windows 2000 and windows 98
Author Message
 VC++, windows 2000 and windows 98

Hello!,I'm havng a terrible time with this, I am building
on a windows 2000 machine with MSVC++ 7, and it all works
fine, i go to run the same app on windows 98, and ALL of
the system calls (RegQueryValue, MoveFileEx) are
failing....the same app compiled with MINGW works
fine....when building with MSVC++ i hvae to ship with
msvcr70.dll, what could be causing this ?  Any help you
can offer is super appreciated!!

Charles

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:13:38 GMT
 VC++, windows 2000 and windows 98

Quote:
> Hello!,I'm havng a terrible time with this, I am building
> on a windows 2000 machine with MSVC++ 7, and it all works
> fine, i go to run the same app on windows 98, and ALL of
> the system calls (RegQueryValue, MoveFileEx) are
> failing....

That is probably because you have built
your application to use the Unicode form
of the API's.  Windows 9x does not have
the complete complement of Unicode API's.

Quote:
> the same app compiled with MINGW works fine....

Because it does not use the Unicode API's.

Quote:
> when building with MSVC++ i hvae to ship with
> msvcr70.dll, what could be causing this ?

You chose to link using the DLL form of the
C runtime.  If you don't want to do that, and
are not linking against DLL's that use the C
runtime, you can link against a static library
containing the same C runtime entry points.

Quote:
> Any help you can offer is super appreciated!!

You're welcome.

--
-Larry Brasfield
(address munged, s/sn/h/ to reply)

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 03:11:43 GMT

1. Is programming windows 98 the same as programming windows 2000

2. Porting Windows 2000 program to windows 98

3. Dialog Resource Color Changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

4. Bitmap Color Change when I changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

5. Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

6. Bitmap Background Colors from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

7. Porting Windows 98 apllication to Windows 2000 problem.

8. Getting MAC Address in WIndows 98 and NT/2000/NT

9. Windows 98 and 2000 with Visual C++

10. IPC windows 95/98/NT/2000

11. QuickView in Windows 98 / 2000

12. VC++ / MFC application runs on WinNT but crashes on Windows XP / Windows 2000