Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics
Author Message
 Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics

I have written a QuickWin application using low level graphics functions in
Visual C++ V1.52.
Why - because I ultimately want it to run under DOS.
It works fine under Windows 98.
When I recompile and execute under NT 4 I get a blank dos window.

Any body have any ideas please?

Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:40:21 GMT
 Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics

Quote:
> I have written a QuickWin application using low level graphics functions
in
> Visual C++ V1.52.
> Why - because I ultimately want it to run under DOS.
> It works fine under Windows 98.
> When I recompile and execute under NT 4 I get a blank dos window.

> Any body have any ideas please?

Why do you need to recompile it to run it under NT4?

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 06:24:06 GMT
 Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics
Because I need to develope it further and the NT machine is my main
development computer

Quote:

> > I have written a QuickWin application using low level graphics functions
> in
> > Visual C++ V1.52.
> > Why - because I ultimately want it to run under DOS.
> > It works fine under Windows 98.
> > When I recompile and execute under NT 4 I get a blank dos window.

> > Any body have any ideas please?

> Why do you need to recompile it to run it under NT4?

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 04:46:19 GMT
 Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics
Ok, but you don't mention exactly mention what you are using to recompile
it.  Are you using VC 1.52 under NT?

Quote:
> Because I need to develope it further and the NT machine is my main
> development computer

> > > I have written a QuickWin application using low level graphics
functions
> > in
> > > Visual C++ V1.52.
> > > Why - because I ultimately want it to run under DOS.
> > > It works fine under Windows 98.
> > > When I recompile and execute under NT 4 I get a blank dos window.

> > > Any body have any ideas please?

> > Why do you need to recompile it to run it under NT4?

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:52:42 GMT
 Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics
Yes I am
Experimenting a bit more ....
At a guess it has something to do with the videoconfiguration being set up
by NT for my DOS /QUICKWIN app.
Looking at some of the data items there they are completely different to
those on the 98 M/C.
Based on the noofxpixels and noofypixels it is saying my ap is running on a
CGA M/C.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.

Quote:
> Ok, but you don't mention exactly mention what you are using to recompile
> it.  Are you using VC 1.52 under NT?

> > Because I need to develope it further and the NT machine is my main
> > development computer

> functions
> > > in

> > > Why do you need to recompile it to run it under NT4?

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:00:49 GMT

1. Compatibility of Visual C++ 6.0 98/NT with Windows ME

2. DLL loading (Windows NT vs Windows 98)

3. Windows 98 vs Windows NT

4. Windows NT and Windows 95 problem with Visual C++ 4.2

5. Windows 98 / Visual C++ 5.0 (sp3) Build problem - PLEASE HELP

6. Windows 98 and 2000 with Visual C++

7. Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 98 Second Edition

8. Windows 98 and Visual C++ Problem.

9. Visual C++ V5.0 and Windows 98

10. Getting MAC Address in WIndows 98 and NT/2000/NT

11. Microsoft C++ V1.52 Help Needed

12. Low level APIs for Win95/98 Sound System