Share Info, using NetShare.. vs. WNetGet...
Author Message
 Share Info, using NetShare.. vs. WNetGet...

Hi group,
    I hoping that someone can give me a hand with a Visual C++ problem
running on a NT 4 server.
    I'm trying to write a server side process that will, amongst other
things, accept a command string from a client machine.  The client machine
is capable of sending in a string that uses a UNC name, which is my problem.
The way I have the server side process built, I need to decode this string
into the local path information, so that a string sent in like
\\machine\c$\autoexec.bat  gets changed to c:\autoexec.bat in the server
side process.  I have looked through the MSDN stuff and found info on WNet
functions. The Enum function can enumerate the shares to which a client is
connected, it does not seem to be able to get info about what shares a
server is advertising.  The other function(s) I have come across are the
NetShare functions but these basically say they are obsolete and the WNet
functions should be used in their place.  (BTW, I couldn't get the NetShare
functions to work either)
    Given that background, can anyone give me a hand with a method by which
I could obtain the local share info.

    Any help you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
      Rob

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shared Libraries vs. Shared Executables

2. Share CObArray Object using DLL Section share method

3. NetShare

4. Help!! Need info on Shared Libraries

5. looking for Netik developers to share info

6. API for getting Share info

7. Back to VS.Net beta2, there was a code share plugin featured browsing code from Internet

8. Exclusive vs. shared access

9. MFC Shared VS Static Library

10. static vs shared libraries

11. Shared VS Static

12. static vs. shared compile link errors