dynamic drawing with dialog based MFC application
Author Message
 dynamic drawing with dialog based MFC application

If I want to simply draw a circle on the screen and change it's color
position etc. How is the best way to do this?

Eventually I'd like to do complex polygons but I think this will give me
enough of a start to figure it out

Thanks

Quint Van Deman

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 dynamic drawing with dialog based MFC application
I think the circle tutorial (?) does exactly that....
Quote:

>If I want to simply draw a circle on the screen and change it's color
>position etc. How is the best way to do this?

>Eventually I'd like to do complex polygons but I think this will give me
>enough of a start to figure it out

>Thanks

>Quint Van Deman

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 dynamic drawing with dialog based MFC application

Quote:
> If I want to simply draw a circle on the screen and change it's color
> position etc. How is the best way to do this?

Take a look at the docs for the MFC Device Context class (CDC).  In the class
members overview there are a group of functions titled "Ellipse and Polygon
Functions"  These will do whta you want.

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 dynamic drawing with dialog based MFC application

Quote:
>If I want to simply draw a circle on the screen and change it's color
>position etc. How is the best way to do this?

Quint,

The "best way" depends on what you're trying to achieve. Have a read
up on the basic GDI operations in the Platform SDK help. Look up
"Filled Shapes". If you need a book, Petzold's "Programming Windows"
will give you a good grounding in that area.

Dave
----

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drawing frame on a Dialog based MFC application

2. Adding Another MFC Dialog to the Dialog base application

3. Drawing in MFC dialog based app

4. Newbie- drawing in MFC dialog based app

5. Drawing in MFC dialog based program

6. Dialog based MFC application problem

7. How to enable/disable Toolbar button in Dialog Based MFC application

8. MFC dialog based application exit code

9. in MFC dialog based application call Win32 Dll fail

10. dialog based MFC app. application file types

11. MFC Dialog based Application w/no buttons?

12. MFC dialog based application link error under _UNICODE