can't use both waveInOpen and waveOutOpen under '95
Author Message
 can't use both waveInOpen and waveOutOpen under '95

This is normal with some hardware and some drivers - not all sound cards support simultaneous i/o.  But many do, so try a driver update or a different card.
Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm using Visual C++ v5.0.

> When I try to do a waveInOpen after a waveOutOpen I get a "resource already
> alocated" error. Likewise if I try waveOutOpen followed by waveInOpen.

> It only fails on '95 and works fine under NT4.0.

> Any Ideas

> Thanks Wayne

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 can't use both waveInOpen and waveOutOpen under '95
Hi,

I'm using Visual C++ v5.0.

When I try to do a waveInOpen after a waveOutOpen I get a "resource already
alocated" error. Likewise if I try waveOutOpen followed by waveInOpen.

It only fails on '95 and works fine under NT4.0.

Any Ideas

Thanks Wayne

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 can't use both waveInOpen and waveOutOpen under '95

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm using Visual C++ v5.0.

> When I try to do a waveInOpen after a waveOutOpen I get a "resource already
> alocated" error. Likewise if I try waveOutOpen followed by waveInOpen.

If you're using something like a SoundBlaster, try getting the latest drivers,
and make sure you have the "enable full-duplex operation" box in its settings
checked if you can find one.  Some sound cards won't support full duplex at all;
most soundblasters do it kludgily in the driver, which reduces the quality when
in duplex mode.  Most decent soundcards (like Ensoniqs, for example, and all the
recent SBs based on Ensoniqs like the PCIs and the Live! card) will support
hardware full duplex.

Hope this helps,

Matt

--
   "It's the gaps between the rain that count,
     and learning how to live amongst them."

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows '95 Problem using 2 Com Ports

2. Problems displaying Korean text in a window using English '95

3. DBWin32 V2.2 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

4. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

5. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

6. RasSetEntryProperties () with Win '95 & '98

7. RAS Phonebook entries with Win '95/'98

8. TERMWAIT Win 3.1 sample doesn't work under '95

9. RasSetEntryProperties () with Win '95 & '98

10. AGAIN: RAS Phonebook entries for Win '95/'98

11. Creating RAS entries in Win '95/'98, and NT

12. RAS for Win '95 & '98