DevStudio 5.0 Include files in External Dependencies?
Author Message
 DevStudio 5.0 Include files in External Dependencies?

Windows NT 4.0
DevStudio/VC 5.0
Visual SourceSafe 5.0

I have a VC++ project which has a number of header and source files in the
project directory.  Some of those files appear in the "Header Files"
section and some appear in the "External Dependencies" section.  I can use
SourceSafe to check the files out that are in the Header section through
the developer Studio, but not the files in the External Dependencies
section.
For those files, I need to run the SourceSafe application.
What do I need to do to have files in the Header section and not the
External Dependencies section?

Michael S. Scherotter            |Architectural Design Tools
Lead Software Developer          |AutoCAD Applications
Tartus Development, Inc.         |Custom CAD Solutions
630 Las Gallinas Ave #300        |__________________________

(415) 491-8921 (fax)         http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DevStudio 5.0 Include files in External Dependencies?

Quote:
> section and some appear in the "External Dependencies" section.  I can

use

If the files are really part of your project, and not external
dependencies, then drag them out of the external dependencies folder into
another folder.

--
Martyn Lovell
Visual Studio Development

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.
My responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.

I do this on my on time. If you need guaranteed response, contact
Microsoft's official technical support channels.

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

:
:If the files are really part of your project, and not external
:dependencies, then drag them out of the external dependencies folder into
:another folder.
:
:--
:Martyn Lovell
:Visual Studio Development
:
:The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
:and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.
:My responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.
:
:I do this on my on time. If you need guaranteed response, contact
:Microsoft's official technical support channels.
:

FYI, DevStudio assumes any header file not in the same directory as
the project is an external header.  If you've structured your project
to use subdirectories, this would be why they've been placed there.

Worse then the VSS problem... you won't have ClassView for any
classes/data contained in these header files.

-----
William E. Kempf          : http://www.novia.net/~srwillrd

Knight of the Ascii Table :

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DevStudio 5.0 Include files in External Dependencies?

2. VC 5.0 "External Dependencies" folder help

3. IDE 5.0: External Dependencies

4. Can't add file to External Dependencies

5. external dependency files...

6. Adding External Dependency File

7. Dependency graph for include files

8. Newbie: Including external package files in build but not in VSS

9. odd unresolved external error even tho the file is included

10. VC++ 5.0: External changes to project files not recognized

11. HELP - Problem with VC 5.0: Error when including *.RC file

12. InstallShield 5.0 -to include files?