Dialog Box and Property Sheet problem
Author Message
 Dialog Box and Property Sheet problem

 have created a user interface using Microsoft MFC and Visual C++ 5.0. I
have created a tab control with 3 tabs.  I have created three property
sheets (1
 sheet for each tab).  Whenever I press the [enter] key, the currently
visable property sheet (tab) is no longer visable.  When I click on
another tab and
 return to the previous tab, the property sheet is visable again.  How
do prevent the property sheet from losing it's visability whenever I
press the [enter]
 key?  I only want the property sheet to disappear when I move to
another tab.

 Charles

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog Box and Property Sheet problem
:  have created a user interface using Microsoft MFC and Visual C++ 5.0. I
: have created a tab control with 3 tabs.  I have created three property
: sheets (1
:  sheet for each tab).

I don't think so.  A property sheet is a dialog that contains a tab
control and property pages.  Why aren't you using one of these?

: Whenever I press the [enter] key, the currently
: visable property sheet (tab) is no longer visable.
<snip>

I'd guess you're using ordinary dialogs for these.  In this case,
Return/Enter gets translated to WM_COMMAND:IDOK and the OnOK function,
and Escape gets translated to WM_COMMAND:IDCANCEL and the OnCancel
function.  These then call EndDialog to destroy the dialog (or at least
hide it).  You should override these functions with empty function
bodies.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Laser-Scan.

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog Box and Property Sheet problem
Thanks Ben.

It worked.

Quote:

> :  have created a user interface using Microsoft MFC and Visual C++
5.0. I
> : have created a tab control with 3 tabs.  I have created three
property
> : sheets (1
> :  sheet for each tab).

> I don't think so.  A property sheet is a dialog that contains a tab
> control and property pages.  Why aren't you using one of these?

> : Whenever I press the [enter] key, the currently
> : visable property sheet (tab) is no longer visable.
> <snip>

> I'd guess you're using ordinary dialogs for these.  In this case,
> Return/Enter gets translated to WM_COMMAND:IDOK and the OnOK function,
> and Escape gets translated to WM_COMMAND:IDCANCEL and the OnCancel
> function.  These then call EndDialog to destroy the dialog (or at
least
> hide it).  You should override these functions with empty function
> bodies.

> --
> Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
Laser-Scan.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tabbed Dialog Boxed (Not Property Sheet)

2. How to create a property sheet dialog box

3. How do I position a property sheet inside a dialog box

4. Dialog Boxes/Property Sheets

5. Dialog Box & Property Sheet :: MFC

6. Displaying dialog boxes above property sheets

7. Modeless property sheet in a modeless dialog box

8. Property sheet as control in dialog box needed

9. Resizing Property Sheets within a Dialog box

10. Property Sheet in Dialog box

11. How to create a modeless property sheet with minimize box and context help box

12. Problem with Tab Dialogs(Property Sheet)