Subclassing Toolbar Common Control & GetOpenFileName()
Author Message
 Subclassing Toolbar Common Control & GetOpenFileName()

I have subclassed the toolbar Common Control and replaced it's
"WndProc" function with one that does some trivial processing of the
messages and(without modifying them)immediately calls the true
WndProc.  I can create the toolbar without trouble, and it works
perfect. But, if I call GetOpenFileName to show the open file dialog
box, my program immmediately exits(without error msg).  If, I do not
subclass the Toolbar, this problem does not occur.  I have no clue why
these two seemingly unrelated windows could interact to cause an
error. I have noticed that it is only the Toolbar that "causes" this
to happen.  If I subclass any other Common Control(with the exact same
procedure), no error occurs.

My Info:
Win 98SE
Win32 API
MSVC 6 sp5

Thanks,
Philip

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 05:54:31 GMT

1. MFC Toolbars and Common Controls

2. Global Subclassing a common Dialog

3. common dialogs subclassing

4. ToolBar Control & ImageList

5. ToolBar Control & ImageList

6. ActiveX Control Icon&ToolBar

7. Subclassing the header control inside list control

8. Help:ACIVEX controls- subclassing Windows Control

9. Controls Created Under Common Control Manifest

10. Common Controls in ActiveX Control

11. why my Composite Control can't capture the command message send by child common control

12. Please help: subclassing & other stuff