calling vb activex dll
Author Message
 calling vb activex dll

Hi,

I am creating a vb6 dll (activex) that has a class, and some methods in this
class.

How do i call them?

is it something like:

// ------------8<------------

#import "mydll.dll"

// ...

MyClass myclass(__uuidof(MyClass) );
myclass->mymethod();

// ------------8<------------

is this how to use it??

--
note: spam resistant email

----------------------
Paul Cechner

Sun, 04 May 2003 09:47:39 GMT
 calling vb activex dll
Yes!

However, think of that the smartptr generated names
from the #import command usually ends with Ptr.

Also, all definitions will be enclosed within a namespace, with the name
generated from the typelibraryname, unless the no_namespace argument
is specified.

Your example could look like:

#import "mydll.dll" no_namespace

MyClassPtr myclass(__uuidof(MyClass) );
myclass->mymethod();

/johan

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am creating a vb6 dll (activex) that has a class, and some methods in
this
> class.

> How do i call them?

> is it something like:

> // ------------8<------------

> #import "mydll.dll"

> // ...

> MyClass myclass(__uuidof(MyClass) );
> myclass->mymethod();

> // ------------8<------------

> is this how to use it??

> --
> note: spam resistant email

> ----------------------
> Paul Cechner

Sun, 04 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating c dll calling vb ActiveX dll

2. Atl NT service calling VB ActiveX dll had problem when clean-up

3. How do you call VB ActiveX DLL functions from VC

4. call vb ActiveX DLL in VC++

5. MFC app calling VB ActiveX DLL

6. Calling VB ActiveX DLL from MFC applications(Newbie question)

7. call vb ActiveX DLL in VC++

8. Call/Use VB ActiveX Dll in Visual C

9. How can I call a VB ActiveX dll from VC++

10. Calling a VB ActiveX DLL

11. Help - Calling ActiveX DLL function from VB and C++ returns different values

12. How to call a VB ActiveX DLL from VC++