Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL
Author Message
 Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL

I am attempting to convert a console application which uses functions
in a DLL to a windows MFC app. (without much success.) I have started
with a blank appwizzard framework and added the header file and the
lib file. I then call a function from a menu item but for the life of
me I can't get it to compile.
 The compile fails with various errors such as undefined variables or
headers. I know I need to declare teh variables to the functions but
where? Doc, View or app??  There are other issuses  such as profiling
the functions ?? but this is driving me crazy.. I could send the
console project if anyone would like to attempt to convert it to a
windows app.
thanks

Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL

Quote:
> I am attempting to convert a console application which uses functions
> in a DLL to a windows MFC app. (without much success.)
[snip]
> I could send the
> console project if anyone would like to attempt to convert it to a
> windows app.

Sure. What do you pay?

But seriously, you need to learn some stuff to do this.  Take a look at
the tutorials that come with VC, especially the Scribble tutorial.  Work
through them.  Get some books on MFC and Win32 programming. The
one by Prosise and the one by Petzold are good starts.

--
Dan Evens
(Standard disclaimers etc. No spam please.)

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. About converting Console App to DLL

2. Console apps vs Windows Apps

3. Running a console app from a windows app

4. Need a Console Window from an MFC App

5. DLL: recognising windows or console app. calls

6. need help on linking static library to console app (newbie)

7. Need help creating a console app in vc 6.0

8. need help on linking a static library to console app (newbie)

9. Need help creating a console app in vc 6.0

10. Porting a console app from Borland to VC, need help with directory info

11. help about the socket console app in windows

12. help about the windows' socket console app