Find and terminate a process under WIN98
Author Message
 Find and terminate a process under WIN98

I need to be able to scan all processes running on a Win98 PC, and if
it is winword - I need to terminate it.  Note that the instance running
may NOT own a window, so enumerating all the windows will not work.

I am familiar with the EnumProcesses group of functions, but they only
work under NT.

What do I use??

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:57:06 GMT
 Find and terminate a process under WIN98

Greets,

    Since you are using Windows 98, you way want to consider taking a look
at the CreateToolHelp32Snapshot() and its supporting cast of API functions.
This can be used to also enumerate through processes, heaps, threads, etc.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:

> I need to be able to scan all processes running on a Win98 PC, and if
> it is winword - I need to terminate it.  Note that the instance running
> may NOT own a window, so enumerating all the windows will not work.

> I am familiar with the EnumProcesses group of functions, but they only
> work under NT.

> What do I use??

> Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:45:34 GMT

1. Finding processes existing processes?

2. Find out the name of a process (process.exe) from a window handle (CWnd)

3. Terminating a child process

4. Process suddenly terminates without notification

5. terminate process

6. Debugged Process will not Terminate under Win2K

7. Process suddenly terminates without notification

8. Terminate Process and SecurityIno ?

9. How to terminate a process

10. terminating an out of process application

11. Terminate process (WaitableTimer)

12. terminate or Exit process, need help!