Playsound syntax
Author Message
 Playsound syntax

Hello!

I have read the docs on the playsound API.

Here are my findings:
The documentation states that in order to register a sound event, Create a
key in the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\MyEventName

    and then give it a human-friendly value.

I found that I further needed to define a key of the same name in:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MyEventName

Now it becomes visible in the Control Panel\Sounds applet and I may
successfully associate a .wav file to the event, then call the event  from
my application using  Playsound("MyEventName", null, SND_ASYNC)

What I would like to do is specify a key other than .Default. For example,
here is the Explorer event for Activating a document:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\ActivatingDocument

When you use the Control Panel\Sounds applet, all sound events which are
specific to explorer a grouped under the Explorer category.

I am able to create my own 'category', but if my event does not exist under
the .Default entry, I cannot use Playsound to get to it.

Is there a specific syntax to get at these 'categorized' events?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. winmm.dll - PlaySound Q

2. PlaySound

3. PlaySound Error

4. PlaySound in Release Version

5. PlaySound problem

6. PlaySound

7. Need help using PlaySound() for resources

8. Problem with PlaySound

9. Can't what header file is needed by PlaySound()

10. PlaySound()

11. PlaySound() & CMemFile

12. Beginner PlaySound with a resource