SNMP service and how 2 change service parameters
Author Message
 SNMP service and how 2 change service parameters

I have built a DLL which works perfectly with a service I've programmed.
But indeed the service which is going to use this DLL is SNMP service.
And, of course, this way my DLL doesn't work properly, as it uses DDE
comunication and the conversation cannot be established.
I wonder if the SNMP service is defined as a service non-interactive, so
that DDE in my dll wouldnt work. Does anybody know?
And other question: suposing it is non-interactive, can I change its
parameters somehow?
Thank you.

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SNMP service and how 2 change service parameters

Quote:

> I have built a DLL which works perfectly with a service I've programmed.
> But indeed the service which is going to use this DLL is SNMP service.
> And, of course, this way my DLL doesn't work properly, as it uses DDE
> comunication and the conversation cannot be established.
> I wonder if the SNMP service is defined as a service non-interactive, so
> that DDE in my dll wouldnt work. Does anybody know?
> And other question: suposing it is non-interactive, can I change its
> parameters somehow?

In case somebody were interested, I have found out that in menu
"Settings","Services",if you select a service and click in the third button
starting from below (I don't know exactly the name because I have the
spanish version of Windows NT), you will be able to tick in the option
"Allow service interact with desktop". This way DDE will work in the dll
which is called from SNMP service.

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SNMP service and how to change service parameters?

2. Sending windows message from snmp service

3. Sending windows message from snmp service

4. STL in an NT service (an SNMP extension agent)

5. nt service(windows service)

6. nt service (windows service)

7. Windows Service Deployment and Service registration

8. Can not access web service from C# Windows Service

9. Help creating a simple service using ATL Service

10. Cannot start service ATL COM Service

11. ATL Service service could not be deleted message???

12. ATL Service only start as service