Hook file-system activity
Author Message
 Hook file-system activity

I need to write a program that gets notified every time a file/folder is
deleted/modified/renamed/created/copied/moved etc.
ICopyHook doesn't cover all and only seems to work on folders.
Any ideas on how to do this?

Sven Groot

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:38:14 GMT
 Hook file-system activity
Try FindFirstChangeNotification et al. You will need to register a
notification on the root of every logical drive. See also
ReadDirectoryChangesW (NT only)
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> I need to write a program that gets notified every time a file/folder is
> deleted/modified/renamed/created/copied/moved etc.
> ICopyHook doesn't cover all and only seems to work on folders.
> Any ideas on how to do this?

> Sven Groot

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:58:07 GMT
 Hook file-system activity
This only notifies me that there is a change, not where, and most important
of all, not before the change happens.
I already checked that.
Thanks anyway,

Sven Groot

Quote:
> Try FindFirstChangeNotification et al. You will need to register a
> notification on the root of every logical drive. See also
> ReadDirectoryChangesW (NT only)
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> > I need to write a program that gets notified every time a file/folder is
> > deleted/modified/renamed/created/copied/moved etc.
> > ICopyHook doesn't cover all and only seems to work on folders.
> > Any ideas on how to do this?

> > Sven Groot

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 03:46:56 GMT

1. HELP: Hooking Printer Activity

2. Hooks on file system etc.

3. Determining last activity of a system

4. Get confused with Power Management and System Activity status

5. MFC Application is stopping DDE activity on the system

6. System wide Message Hook not working when caller app loses focus

7. Creating system wide keyboard Hooks with c#

8. System hooks?

9. system hook

10. system wide hook

11. CBT Hook & weird system behavior

12. Hook system function from Windows dll