ifstream won't work or am i dumb
Author Message
 ifstream won't work or am i dumb

have a problem i've had before (and never r4esolved)... re-using
(re-opening) ifstream after closing a file having read it.... doesn't
seem to work... the "is_open()"  returns true but no data from the next
opened file seems to come thru the pipe... as it were... HELP!!!! have
to fix this by Tuesday!!!

Tue, 18 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ifstream won't work or am i dumb

Quote:

>have a problem i've had before (and never r4esolved)... re-using
>(re-opening) ifstream after closing a file having read it.... doesn't
>seem to work... the "is_open()"  returns true but no data from the next
>opened file seems to come thru the pipe... as it were... HELP!!!! have
>to fix this by Tuesday!!!

Same for me. Don't ever try to open an ifstream on an existing file:
it'll empty it! Don't ask why an INPUT stream CREATES a file!
Made a simple test prg, screws up on VC5, just fine with
G++. This is a serious problem and I'd just suggest to use good ol'
  fopen/fclose (*that* works).

B.t.w. does anybody know how to approach MS with this problem (VC5)

Marius.

Noro Ranohavimanana

81, rue d'Itzig, L-5231 Sandweiler, Luxembourg, Tel: +352 357 352
                http://www.club.innet.be/~pub02575

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. TERMWAIT Win 3.1 sample doesn't work under '95

2. Am I dumb?

3. Win 2000 built OCX won't load on a WIn NT or 98 system

4. ActiveX built in VC7 won't work!

5. Web service calling unmanaged DLL won't work

6. realloc() won't work

7. Debugger won't work

8. code won't work

9. FileAttributes won't work!