help on using WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
Author Message
 help on using WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)

I am new to VC++, but now I have a project that need to reboot remote
machine, and i figure out i have to use WMI in order to accomplish that,
but i have no idea how to "call a method" and "execute that method".
does anyone know how to use it?  Please help!!!

Henry Lien
Junior Developer

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 help on using WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
Greets,

    The MSDN article "Managing Windows with WMI" (November 1999) by Michael
Maston may provide some more insight.  While the examples are in Visual
Basic, they should be easy enough to apply.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> I am new to VC++, but now I have a project that need to reboot remote
> machine, and i figure out i have to use WMI in order to accomplish that,
> but i have no idea how to "call a method" and "execute that method".
> does anyone know how to use it?  Please help!!!

> Henry Lien
> Junior Developer

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. WMI(Windows Management Instrumentation)providers HELP!!

2. WMI - WMI Login Cotrol causes exception when destroying

3. NetConnectionID using WMI?

4. Can WMI be used to get network computers?

5. Shutdown using WMI

6. Howto enumerate machines in a domain using WMI

7. Memory Management (Windows vs. Unix)

8. New to Windows Memory Management

9. Windows NT 4.0 and memory management

10. Online Chat - Stellcom, Power Management for Windows CE .NET - March 6th 2002 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT)

11. HELP: Does Object query(WMI) works against remote win98 machine

12. using system.management to add Zones to MicrosoftDNS