Dialog boxes inside MDI
Author Message
 Dialog boxes inside MDI

I need to port a program from QB to Windows and would like to use C++. The
program uses several input forms that would remain on the screen so the
user can switch from one to other. And I don't like a lot of forms floating
around, so I think the best way is to implement them as DIALOG BOXES inside
a frame-client window. That is, as MDI Dialog Boxes.

But I have tried to look in several places and books and it seems that the
only use that people find for MDI is for editing text, and that it is
impossible to use Dialog Boxes inside an MDI window. But I have made yet it
in VB, so it is possible. But, how in C++?

Thank you, Pablo.

Sat, 12 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog boxes inside MDI

You need to use CFormView instead of CDialog.

Scott

Quote:
> I need to port a program from QB to Windows and would like to use C++.
The
> program uses several input forms that would remain on the screen so the
> user can switch from one to other. And I don't like a lot of forms
floating
> around, so I think the best way is to implement them as DIALOG BOXES
inside
> a frame-client window. That is, as MDI Dialog Boxes.

> But I have tried to look in several places and books and it seems that
the
> only use that people find for MDI is for editing text, and that it is
> impossible to use Dialog Boxes inside an MDI window. But I have made yet
it
> in VB, so it is possible. But, how in C++?

> Thank you, Pablo.

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog boxes inside MDI

I would use propertysheet

Quote:
> > I need to port a program from QB to Windows and would like to use C++.
> The
> > program uses several input forms that would remain on the screen so the
> > user can switch from one to other. And I don't like a lot of forms
> floating
> > around, so I think the best way is to implement them as DIALOG BOXES
> inside
> > a frame-client window. That is, as MDI Dialog Boxes.

> > But I have tried to look in several places and books and it seems that
> the
> > only use that people find for MDI is for editing text, and that it is
> > impossible to use Dialog Boxes inside an MDI window. But I have made
yet
> it
> > in VB, so it is possible. But, how in C++?

> > Thank you, Pablo.

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRichEditCtrl inside a dialog box

2. MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)

3. MDI inside MDI -

4. MDI inside MDI..

5. Trouble displaying dialog box with custom control inside DLL

6. How do I position a property sheet inside a dialog box

7. Opening a modal dialog box twice inside a method

8. Question about CEdit inside dialog box

9. MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)

10. OK button inside dialog box -- help

11. How to display table inside a dialog box ??

12. MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)