Tab Contol vs Property Sheets
Author Message
 Tab Contol vs Property Sheets

I want to implement a tab dialog control on a formview in an application
that I am developing.

I initialy was under the impression that this would be a relativly simple
thing to do. (Seeing as I did quite quickly on VB. Bad assumption!!!!)

I want to use the resource editor to add a tab control to the formview
dialog. I then want to place controls on each of the different views/tabs
of the control and so on...
BUT, as far as I can see this cannot be done using the resource editor. I
thought maybe I must define addition resources and then somehow
place/overlay these resources during runtime when the relavant tab is
selected.

There seems to be very limited documentation on using the tab control.
I did find reference to using Property sheets, with a fair amount of
documentation, but it seems strange that you have a tab control on the
toolbar, but no effective/effcient way of using it?

Can anybody please shed some light on this for me? Or suggest
documentation that I may go and read to facilitate my understanding of
this functionality.

Thanks...

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tab Contol vs Property Sheets

Quote:
>I want to implement a tab dialog control on a formview in an application
>that I am developing.

>I want to use the resource editor to add a tab control to the formview
>dialog. I then want to place controls on each of the different views/tabs
>of the control and so on...
>BUT, as far as I can see this cannot be done using the resource editor.

As a simpler alternative you can place a modeless property sheet as a
sub-control on a dialog/form view. Have a look as the SNAPVW sample
program - that uses a property sheet as the main view of an MDI
application. The same technique works on dialogs too. I think it
should do what you want.

There's also an example on www.codeguru.com

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.bj.co.uk

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tab Contol vs Property Sheets

There is an article that may help in Visual C++ developer's journal called "A
reusable tab view" by Thomas Steele.  You can find this at
http://www.vcdj.com.

Later,
Joseph
(email address altered to prevent spam)

Quote:

> I want to implement a tab dialog control on a formview in an application
> that I am developing.

> I initialy was under the impression that this would be a relativly simple
> thing to do. (Seeing as I did quite quickly on VB. Bad assumption!!!!)

> I want to use the resource editor to add a tab control to the formview
> dialog. I then want to place controls on each of the different views/tabs
> of the control and so on...
> BUT, as far as I can see this cannot be done using the resource editor. I
> thought maybe I must define addition resources and then somehow
> place/overlay these resources during runtime when the relavant tab is
> selected.

> There seems to be very limited documentation on using the tab control.
> I did find reference to using Property sheets, with a fair amount of
> documentation, but it seems strange that you have a tab control on the
> toolbar, but no effective/effcient way of using it?

> Can anybody please shed some light on this for me? Or suggest
> documentation that I may go and read to facilitate my understanding of
> this functionality.

> Thanks...

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tab Contol vs Property Sheets

Quote:

> I want to implement a tab dialog control on a formview in an
> application
> . . .
> Can anybody please shed some light on this for me? Or suggest
> documentation that I may go and read to facilitate my understanding of

> this functionality.

> Thanks...

   Hello,
 About Implementation Of Tab Bar  I found  sample of that in
Develop a professional visual c++ application in 21 days
Published by Sams CORPORATION
I didnt  us this code but if you like, I can send it to you.

Eyal Rab

Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tab Contol vs Property Sheets

zahav.net says...

Quote:

> > I want to implement a tab dialog control on a formview in an
> > application
> > . . .

> > Can anybody please shed some light on this for me? Or suggest
> > documentation that I may go and read to facilitate my understanding of

> > this functionality.

> > Thanks...

>    Hello,
>  About Implementation Of Tab Bar  I found  sample of that in
> Develop a professional visual c++ application in 21 days
> Published by Sams CORPORATION
> I didnt  us this code but if you like, I can send it to you.

> Eyal Rab

Don't worry, I have found the information that I needed.

Thanks Anyway

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tab control VS. Property sheet

2. Property sheets: Changing [tab] to [alt][tab]?

3. Q: Set Tab Window Text in Property Page/Property Sheet

4. Disabling Property page tabs in the Property sheet

5. Property Sheet within a Property Sheet

6. Property sheet from property sheet

7. Q: Property sheet within a property sheet

8. Tabbed Dialog Boxed (Not Property Sheet)

9. Tab Control and Property Sheet

10. Change tab color and background of Property sheet.

11. Property Sheets : So many tabs ?

12. Property Sheets and Tab Control