Q: OLE Containers w/o MFC?
Author Message
 Q: OLE Containers w/o MFC?

Newbie Question (please be kind)...

I have a DLL which needs to communicate with an OCX. When I obtain the
IDispatch interface and call it's methods (via invoke()) I get an
error 0x8000ffff. SO I made an MFC test app which creates a container
within a CView object. This allowed me to call the methods I need without
any problems.
Now the problem is that my DLL can not allow me to create a global CWinApp
object because it would then, of course, start a message loop which will not
return control to the calling application. But then again without a CWinApp
object I can not create the CView object or other MFC container objects.
Okay, can someone point me to the right direction? Basically this DLL will
have
a bunch of functions which will be called by an application. What is the
best/quickest way to create a container object so that I can talk access the
ocx's
methods? (BTW: the ocx evidently needs to somehow bind to a window otherwise
it
fails -- it needs to draw in the window)
I hope that this is not too obvious of a solution but as an OLE newbie I am
quite stumped.
Thanks!
dave

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help linking MFC OLE server with VB container

2. Bug in MFC OLE Server / Container?

3. Q: OLE Containers w/o MFC?

4. OLE Server Container fast switching of document and container crashes

5. Two Qs on MFC in VC.NET

6. Win32-C++-OLE-Container communicating with controls in MFC-Dialogbox (OLE-Server) ???

7. a (simple) problem with an OLE container

8. DLL as a OLE container or automation

9. Retro fitting an application to be an OLE container

10. Cannot insert Word 2002 doc into OLE container

11. How can I design a OLE Container in a DialogBox

12. Ole Container Dialogs